“Good food can't go wrong”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #510 of 5,548 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Camel Valley Road
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to Ruth's Chris Steak House located in San Diego, Del Mar, California!
Reviewed 17 December 2017

I have dined in many Ruth Chris's restaurant's and this particular one does not disappoint. The seating area is open and accommodating and the bar offers a large variety of dinner drinks. For our meal we started out with an assortment of appetizers, the shrimp with cream sauce was very good. For my meal I had a NY strip that was cooked to order and for my sides I ordered potatoes and spinach. The side portions are large and meant for sharing. I skipped dessert but had an espresso. My overall experience was good.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Have been to the Del Mar Ruth's a number of times. For business, family dinners, drinks... They are consistently excellent -- food, service and atmosphere; perfect for special occasion or business dinner to impress. For dinner last night, we started with the Gamblers Manhattan cocktail -- innovative twist on the original with high-end ingredients. Then split the Tomahawk Ribeye -- massive, with more than a foot of bone, carved tableside. Taking home enough for another meal for 2. Sides and dessert were also great. The service was friendly and efficient -- a high-quality team, including a knowledgeable main waiter. As for atmosphere, this location has a massive, two-story window that faces west. This time of year (Dec) it is dark out, so mostly see freeway traffic, but very pretty when it is light out. Only downside is Ruth's is very expensive, however, you get what you pay for. Note that they have a friendly corkage policy if you want to bring your own wine -- only $15.00.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Ate here on Thanksgiving while on vacation, so probably not a typical day. The front hostess Diana great job coordinating the seating, we had a short wait and she was constantly checking in diners and dealing with some less patient ones. The atmosphere is a bit if a let down, this is a large space that got pretty loud. It was evening so I'm not sure about the view. We had two adults and two kids, they do have a good value kids menu which is a 4oz serving if either chicken, steak or salmon with mashed potatoes and ice cream for $13! One of ours daughters had the salmon which was way over cooked. I got the Ruth's Classic with the 11oz Filet and split it with our other daughter, I appreciated this option to split (at no cost) and they did a good job splitting everything for us. My wife had the barbeque shrimp which was good except it came with the tails on, it's a little hard to eat since it was served on mashed potatoes with a sauce. Overall the experience was OK, I would consider other find dining restaurants in the area.

1  Thank MizzouEEColumbia_MO
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Great service by our waitress and rest of staff - friendly, responsive and attentive. Food - not so much. Had to send back the brussel sprouts because they were tough, over cooked and burned. Filets were nice but frankly, can do as well picking up USDA prime at CostCo and putting them on the grill. If you’re looking for a special dining experience, this may meet your expectations; then again, you might leave thinking you spent way too much on not that much.

1  Thank David R
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Serendipitously, I met the GM, Christina, and some other members of the Ruth's Chris team last week. They strongly encouraged me to visit their location for dinner before I left to return home from a business trip.

I am certainly glad I did. I had the pleasure of dining in the bar area, at which, I was greeted like a "local" by the patrons and staff I had met the evening before.

Super good Happy Hour deals; my fav was the seared Ahi....incredibly fresh, tasty sauce and prepared just right. The bone-in NY Strip was cooked to perfection (medium rare for me) - juicy, flavorful and tender. Essentially, it could not have been better.

The service was as phenomenal as their food. Christina, Yama and Chris (bartender) all added to the exceptional experience by being so attentive and providing expert recommendations.

I am already looking forward to my next trip to the area will dine at this Ruth's Chris more frequently.

My 2 Cents.