“Fun Halloween Production for Toddlers”

Marie Hitchcock Puppet Theater
Ranked #218 of 446 things to do in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular puppet theater in Balboa Park is great for small children.
Reviewed 23 November 2016

Took our grand daughters to the pre Halloween week production based on sister witches. Parking for the second show of the day was a breeze, i.e. close by, which we appreciated with a stroller and an elderly grand dad. The staff was welcoming. The puppeteer was a bit too lengthy in her introductory remarks, but the show was charming and held our toddler's interest. Story and costumes were clever and easy to follow for little ones. We'd love to return.

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I had her 4 (ages 6-8) and decided to go to Balboa park for the day on Sunday. We went to the puppet show at 11 AM. For $5 each ($4 for seniors), we had a fun-filled time. It was evident that the performers loved entertaining children. There is no assigned seating, but there were plenty of good seats. Booster seats are available for smaller children. We then had a picnic on the lawn and then toured the International Houses which are located directly across the street from the theater.

Reviewed 27 April 2015

Take your children, grandchildren, neighbors kids, co workers kids, keep this art form alive. We live in an instant world of iPads, Internet, movies. Keep theatre, drama, poetry alive.
My kids loved this, I loved it. My husband fell asleep snoring (front row too, how embarrassing)
It was quaint and nostalgic for me. Hubby asked me later if he missed anything.

1  Thank unclesheepskin
Reviewed 2 November 2014

Not sure what I was expecting but found the whole experience really quaint. The theatre is quite old and some of the puppets look like they have seen better days. The puppeteer is visible the whole time and the narration is recorded. The older children in the audience seemed to enjoy it so that's the most important thing. Think my 18 month old was a little young for it, she was more interested in looking at some cuddly toys on the stage than the puppets. Think it is probably more suited to 3-5 year olds who like good old fashioned fun. Just a note you have to leave your stroller (buggy) outside the entrance.

1  Thank claire s
Reviewed 30 August 2014

This is a nice thing to do with young children. The puppet shows are aimed at their level. They have a nice facility for doing this. If your child is having a birthday, be sure to tell the ticket booth staff as they have a nice celebration for the child before the show begins.

1  Thank Dale O