“Never disappointed!”

The Inn at Sunset Cliffs
Ranked #145 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I continue to book friends and family here every time I have the opportunity - and even though I live a few blocks away, I end up spending a lot of time at the Inn because the property is so fantastic! Large groups have always been comfortable here -- if you're in town for a big event and have all sorts of smaller groups (people with or without kids, older relatives, etc.) of people to accommodate, this is the place! The manager, Gavin, takes such pride in the property -- it oozes out of him and makes each visit that much more enjoyable. What a gem for our little beach town.

Room Tip: I prefer the second floor on either side
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank OBLiz

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Had the pleasure of spending two nights in this lovely inn. Nice comfy bed overlooking the beach, close to some good bars and fun shops. Try OB's Smoothie bar absolutely amazing breakfast drinks, shots of wheatgrass and delicious Acai berries. Receptionist was very pleasant, room well serviced. Good waves too!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Found this place via reviews on Tripadvisor and couldn't have been happier with our choice. Although it wasn't slap bang in the centre of San Diego, the location was perfect for our short visit to the city. Only a short taxi ride into town, but we preferred being by the sea. There are also lots of things to see and do on the doorstep (seaworld very close, as well as a worthwhile drive along the cliffs to the nearby national park area).
Our room was a bit on the small side, but the bed was large and very comfortable and the decor was contemporary and very clean.
By far the best thing, however, was sitting on the deck watching the incredible sunsets - spectacular!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank JClay55
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Living in San Diego is treasure enough, however we do get creative from time to time and enjoy a "night away" in our very own backyard. The Inn at Sunset Cliffs was an excellent place to celebrate our "stay-cation."
We had arrived very close to midnight and were met with a welcoming smile (no yawns) at the front desk. The hotel is Santorini-esque with its blue and white exterior, beautiful manicured garden, pool and two decks overlooking the ocean. If you could get any closer, you would actually be swimming.

Insert sex, drugs and rock and roll....oh wait that's Vegas..... The Inn is cozy, clean and an excellent place to relax and enjoy the, well you know what I am going to say, sunset. The room we had was located in the back of the hotel and felt as if we had our own bungalow. They have recently renovated their rooms and did a wonderful job while paying attention to detail. Although, my only complaint, and I blame them not me, the shelves are located right above the toilet.....and my face soap and lotion was sacrificed to the toilet gods. I imagine any other functioning human being that is not, well me, will not have this problem.
Overall, I would absolutely recommend this property to visitors and residents alike, there are great views, quiet rooms, walking distance to restaurants and beach shops. We really enjoyed our stay and looking forward to our next visit, although we plan to upgrade to the president's suite, which I hear has a jacuzzi that overlooks the ocean.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ScubaRy
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I recently stayed at the Inn at Sunset Cliffs with my two young sons, my nephew and my parents. The property was is a great location, with beautiful views of the Ocean. They had everything we needed; it was clean and within minutes of Sea World (which was our main reason for the visit). The staff was accommodating, we had the pleasure to meet the manager Gavin and several other employees during our stay and they were all very friendly. We know where we plan to stay on our next trip back to San Diego!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family