All reviews courtesy shuttle comfy room business park corner suite worked great front desk business trip a great stay location is great would stay here again lobby supermarket parking renovation downtown furnishings hallway
Reviewed 14 July 2018

The room was comfortable ,the hotel staff at the front desk were pleasant to work with and always ready to hand out those wonderful chocolate chip cookies!
The cleaning staff did a great job. They were timely and quick.
The location was close to the beach and close to the Fair Grounds. The Courtesy Shuttle will take you and pick you up where you want to go. The Shuttle drivers have great personalities.
Thank you DoubleTree for a wonderful stay.
I invite all of you to enjoy the same on your next trip.

Room Tip: We love the rooms facing the pool. You will be able to enjoy the beautiful gardens and green trees.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Jordan H, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego - Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Thanks for choosing us as your destination for such a momentous occasion, and for your compliments. We're honored that you shared your anniversary with us! Our staff always put our guests first, and particularly enjoy when they have something to celebrate. Please come visit us again sooner than your next anniversary; it would be our pleasure to have you back at the DoubleTree Del Mar!

Reviewed 14 July 2018

The location is great with easy freeway access and a courtesy shuttle that will take you to/pick you up from anywhere you want within a 6 mile radius. The rooms were decently appointed and VERY clean. Microwaves and fridges are available for a fee for a longer stay if you want to do your own meals The Mosaic has a decent menu, breakfast is a little spends if you aren't at least a silver honors member, but the happy hour menu and daily specials are more than affordable for lunch or dinner.

Housekeeping, engineering, shuttle, and food service was exceptional. It's unfortunate that my first experience was with a condescending and rude front end manager at check in, I thought it may just be me from a long travel period. It wasn't. He was rude and literally dismissively waved us off when we needed assistance in the middle of our stay. Two hours later, we had to go back down for the same request. The apology came with extra cookies, which was nice, but really I would rather be treated like at least a human being, much less a paying guest than have the extra cookies.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Hello NorCalFunMom! It sounds as though we could have been more fun ourselves.

We appreciate your compliments on the cleanliness of our hotel, and the efforts of our staff to maintain flawless, spotless rooms for our guests. Our Housekeepers and Engineers work tirelessly to accomplish this. Thank you for recognizing their handiwork! We do also provide microwaves and refrigerators, but at NO COST. Many hotels come standard with these amenities, so we do not charge for them. We may include those in our rooms in the future.

I'm sorry to hear that your first impression of my Front Desk team was largely negative. DoubleTree's focus is providing simple personal touches to make our travelers feel human. "Hit and miss" describes that frankly. If you wish to discuss your experience further with me, please write me at jordan.hovis@hilton.com. I would like to know more about this encounter, so we may use it as a learning opportunity.

Take care!

Reviewed 12 July 2018

$17.99 for a breakfast buffet is outrageous! There are a couple of supermarkets near the hotel. Go there and purchase things for breakfast. However, the rooms do not have refrigerators, so keep that in mind when making your purchases

The doors to the bathrooms are sliding pocket doors. This is a nice space-saving design feature, but they do not lock and they are so heavy, the strength it takes to close them is equal to the strength it probably took to roll the stone away from Jesus’ tomb.

I feel some of the staff need a lot of customer service training. The staff member who checked me in and explained that I could not use my company issued travel card, was very snooty about it and advised me to jump through a series of hoops in order to be able to use it to pay for my room. I spoke with a manager the next morning, who spoke with their Accounting department and I presented my professional ID badge, but they would not budge. My wife, who came with me, was told she there was a shuttle that could take her to a local beach, but when she came back after lunch to be taken to the beach, she was told, there was not a driver available because they were “in a meeting”. When we checked out, my wife was given the receipt for a different person because the staff member was on the phone and wasn’t paying attention to what she was doing. When I went back to get a copy of the receipt, I found we had not been checked out so the staff member didn’t even do their job to begin with.

The food service for my 3-day training class was good. The meals were tasty & nutritious. I wish the breakfasts they provided us had more protein…

I did sleep well during my 3-night stay, but the light given off by the alarm clock is enough to help land a commercial aircraft and really illuminates the room, so you may want to put a sock or handkerchief over it to block the light. The pillows were flat, but the bed was comfortable.

Tips to make your stay more enjoyable:
1. If you need to use a shuttle, make reservation about it. It is not as convenient as hotel staff says it is.
2. Purchase your breakfasts and snack foods from a nearby grocery store
3. Ensure your company travel card has your name on it, or be prepared to provide some sort of credit authorization.
4. Consider a rental car to make getting around & exploring nearby San Diego easier and more convenient.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

"Well-polished turd" certainly isn't what we aim for here. As such, we're very sorry to hear that we made a poor impression upon you. Comments such as yours help us improve upon our services and amenities, and I see a great learning opportunity here for our Guest Services team. Some of the challenges you encountered could have been rectified, but the Front Desk did not establish themselves as capable with you, so I fully understand if you did not bring them up for resolution.

We do require that our guests provide methods of payment clearly identifiable as belonging to them directly. We maintain this policy to ensure the safety and security of our guests and their information. However, we should have been more helpful in making that a simple process for yourself.

We hope you will join us again in the future, so we may craft more positive experiences together. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Had to PAY to park in an UNSECURE LOT
Disorganized.
Lack of amentities
Provided breakfast buffet was iffy (stay away from french toast fingers - ROCK HARD)
What saves the hotel is the AMAZING RESTAURANT FOOD. And it is really very good.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jordan H, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego - Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

We're sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. While we do patrol our parking lot overnight (in cooperation with the business park's security team), it's up to us to make it feel more secure. Happy to hear that our restaurant, Mosaic, made up for some of the challenges you faced with our fantastic new-and-improved menu. We hope you will visit again so we may craft a more positive experience together.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Arrived to a smile and warm welcome from front desk staff. We came to attend county Fair at del Mar, front desk stated they had discount tixs and hotel shuttle can drop us off and pick us up, YAY!!! Sean was our driver, he was awesome. Hubby was excited talking with him about LeBron coming to the Lakers. Lol. Hotel is clean and manager, Jordan, very visible and helpful. Jordan made time to greet us at the shuttle and welcome us back. We were upgraded to a corner suite with view of the pool, very comfy room. Thanks, we'll be back!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Happy to hear that I made an impact on the quality of our stay, but I could not deliver the experience you shared in by myself. Our team works diligently to ensure that we attend to your needs and craft memories together. Thank you for complimenting Shaun as well. Our guests greatly enjoy his personable service, but also his deep knowledge of the Del Mar area and his responsible driving. You're welcome back any time!