All reviews front desk lady comic con would stay again walking distance pillows microwave
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Stayed here from 14 to 17 of March with my wife. We should have looked at the reviews of yelp before...
I am traveling all the time for job and after 3 years of traveling, this is so far the worst hotel I have stayed at. Let me explain.

First not enough parking spot, people will park right behind your car and you will have to ask the reception to call them so that they move and let you get out. What? Wait for it..
The room is ugly and not clean. Do not base your choice on what you was see on booking.com.
This is already enough not to book here, but here is what happened to us.

Apparently we booked our room the same periode they were doing a remodeling and bringing in new furnitures.
So they first called me to move my car, because of course the already small parking lot was dedicated to be used to park the truck and store the furnitures...
So I said no because I was working and about to leave anyway.
So they decided to store the new furnitures right in front of our room!! (see pictures)

The next day, when I go out the room the manager meets me and ask me if we can leave the room for a while so that they can move new furnitures in. I said no because my wife was sick and still sleeping. She looked very annoyed and ask me if we can move to another room. My wife beeing sick I say no again. She left without even a goodbye, very very unpolite..
Still I go ask my wife if she can leave the room for a while and let them so the move and she did. She left then 3h in the morning, told the movers, so but nothing happened!
Worst, when she was back, the manager called the room and ask her to leave the room. She said she was working and didn't want to leave. The manager said "oh I though you were in bed". MY WIFE SAW HER LOOKING THROUGH THE WINDOW!!!! WTF?

When I got back in the evening I went to the front desk to talk about this situation. No hello, just a sign of head like: "what do you want?" from the manager. I said this situation was unsane and I didn't want to pay full price for the room. And she simply answered "you have to!". Then left the room, telling her colleague "you take care of that". Incredibely rude, unpolite and unprofessional!
In the evening, we packed our stuff in a corner of the room and told the guys again "we are going to be out for 3h, do the move now!" Still nothing happened. When I met the manager she said " there was too much stuff from you we couldn't do the move.. What? Still no hello, thanks or goodbye..

That evening, from 8 to 11pm they was people moving furnitures right in front of our room (against the wall) and drilling holes next door.. Very noisy, no privacy at all.

We were happy to leave next morning. The manager Tina is completely disrespectfull, unpolite, rude, unprofessional AND a freak for spying on people! She should be fired for the best of this hotel.
Rest of the employee seemed sorry for us and were nice.

Room tip: Go Somewhere Else!
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank The_ T
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Stayed here for a night as we were attending a concert downtown. Remember that this is more of a motel style location, though the rooms are surprisingly nicer than expected.

PROS - Great location, all the main places were walking distance and the free parking was a nice break from the paid downtown parking lots. The room was spacious, with a small side room with seating and a good sized balcony just to have. The bed was big and the room was cleaner and had everything you needed. The larger mini fridge was nice with a microwave on top of it. The front desk lady was really nice and helpful with recommendations of things to do around the area and restaurants to check out. Toiletries were provided as well. The AC/Heater in the room was very useful. WiFi was quite fast, and the room had a good sized TV which I just hooked up to my laptop to watch a movie on.

CONS - People probably will double-park and if you're in a hurry this would be a real pain. There isn't any tea or coffee in the rooms but there is an area at the lobby with an ice machine. The noise from people passing by or walking around and the cars on the nearby road would bother a lot of people. The pillows felt dodgy so we brought our own. Haven't tried the shower so can't say anything about that. The warm water smelled a little funny so that wasn't great. The bedsheets were very thin.

All in all, I would recommend this place for those who would be spending their entire day out and about and just need an affordable place to crash for the night. Definitely not for those who get bothered about noisy environments though.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank omgitsgale
Reviewed 6 February 2018

The front desk lady was cheerful and helpful. Our room was spacious and clean--a cleaning lady comes everyday. The location is very central to downtown--you can walk to cafes and local restaurants. The area does have a lot of homeless people but that is basically everywhere in San Diego.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Davina N
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Okay, where to begin with this review... firstly I’ve never get the need to create a trip advisor account. I stay in many hotels, but this was a new low in hospitality so I feel the need to warn about the property. For some it may be great, but this was our experience.

Before we got to the room, the reception clerk was being quite rude to customers on the phone. She actually told one customer they were full when they weren’t full, because she didn’t like the way she was speaking to her. Yikes..

Okay so the room wasn’t too bad on arrival, but When you look a little closer and settle in to the room, you realize what there is. Cleanliness was awful. The toilet had fecal matter (from previous guests I assume) around the rim of the toilet. The shower had hair in it. The floors were dirty and dusty in both the bedroom and bathroom. There were also brown smears on the bathroom door....the feeling of the room was quite disgusting.

Other disappointments during he stay: The shower doesn’t project water outwards - you have to stand under it like your hugging the wall. The towels had brown rust stains and were about 10 years old. The air con sounded like a freight train, impossible to sleep with it on, so we stayed hot.

The noise - haha this deserves its own section. When someone in the apartment above flushed their toilet you here it wash down. Very pleasant! Next we woke to someone vomiting in the room next to us. Could hear everything. Next we had drunk people outside our room fighting at 2:00am. Then I had a dream because of the noise and thought someone was in the room and I scared the crap out of my partner... (sorry babe).

Lastly someone double parked us in when we went to leave. Had to wait around for the sleepy head to finally come and move his car.

I think that’s it. We were super close to leaving the hotel in the middle of the night but we stuck it out.

This is an affordable hotel, but it just didn’t represent any value, it in fact set us back. But we grew in character! Heading home now an looking forward to a chemical bath to cleanse.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank rjdc98
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights and very good location just off the freeways and 15 mins walk to downtown. Rooms are clean and tidy with good space. Only negatives I found were- walls were thin, you could hear next door clearly. We stayed at room 206 which has a dodgy door to open, staff know about it an helped us get in... why not just fix it? And there was no iron. Would stay again if in the area

Date of stay: October 2017