“Delicious”
Review of El Camino

El Camino
Reserve with OpenTable
El Camino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #896 of 5,244 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Having read some of the reviews after my visit, I wish I had ordered the Sangria, sounds amazing. I had the shrimp burrito, and it was fantastic. Great textures, just the right amount of spice. The decor was entertaining, although it was very dark inside. Our server, in particular seemed a little dazed and confused, most of the time, however the service in general was very good. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

El Camino is a great place for weekend brunch. The interior décor and atmosphere are incredible it is decorated in a Lucha libre (Mexican Wrestling) theme. The music is loud, the food and drink are good, and you can scribble graffiti in the bathroom. What's not to love.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

We came by last night. My friends wanted to try this place. I came here a long time ago feels like maybe 10 years ago. It hasn't changed much. You come here for drinks. The food is ok. I gave it 3 stars for the customer service. Our waitress was phenomenal! We sat in the center both by the bar. She was attentive and answered ALL our questions. We were hoping to dance but the DJ wasn't set up yet. So we ended up leaving around 9 p.m. Some of my friends were not fond of how dark it was inside. I love the decor it is very cultural. This is the Mexican San Diego decor...
TIP: The patio is the best place to hang out.
We ordered the sangria and it had to much cinnamon it over powered the drink. We would recommend ordering the punch bowl drink we wish we would of ordered that instead of the sangria pitcher. The Carne asada items we ordered where good. The meat was tender and flavorful. I didn't like the tortillas they use for the mahi mahi tacos. They tasted like the cheap Mission brand ones. Anyhow, recommend the nachos and the asada quesadillas those were the highlight that we ended ordering another quesadilla.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Got there for happy hour. Only a few choices available during that time. Loaded fries with Carne Asada. Big portions. Good amount of steak and cheese but the salsa/sauce on top was not to my liking. Chicken quesadilla was ok. This place does not use traditional tomato based salsa. On the down side, only available seating was indoor and it was hot. Very little ventilation. We sat by the fan which helped a little. We had to eat with our hands because ALL their silverware which is placed in the center of the table was spotty and looked unclean.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I would say both. Why? Lots of food low quality! But I'm happy. Aircraft passing over my head. Great noise experience!!