“good but not great”
Review of Pacifica Hotel

Pacifica Hotel
Pacifica Hotel
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Would give the hotel 3 and a half rating if i could. Hotel is in a great location close by to public transport and many places to eat at and socialize. Room was pretty small and the bed was really small making it hard to sleep sometimes which is probably my only major complaint and no elevators so you will have to carry your lougage up the stairs to the entrance.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to stay for the basics. I had the single room with bath - it was clean, inexpensive for the area, and in a great location (which is right in the middle of the historic Gaslamp District). There are no "extras" but it was well worth it (for example no mini fridge or microwave), but it was that it was quiet and there are tons of restaurants and shops right outside. It worked well for me attending a conference at the San Diego convention center.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I knew when I made the reservations that I shouldn't expect a mint on my pillow, but I wasn't expecting to find bed bugs on my pillow either. I woke up with bed bug bites all over my face and body; two weeks later, I'm still waiting for the scabs to go away. I had to throw out my suitcase and backpack and launder all my clothes repeatedly, and I still live in terror that somewhere in my apartment, a newly established colony of bed bugs is just waiting for the right moment to strike. Don't be fooled by the cheap price; this place wouldn't be worth it if they paid you to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank AYone
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My wife and I traveled to San Diego twice last year and stayed at the Pacifica both times. We loved it. It's close to the beach, walking distance to La Jolla shopping & restaurants, but most of all because the staff was fantastic. Very kind, accommodating and not 'fake' friendly, but 'real' friendly.

The hotel bar has live piano player and there was a lot of dancing (middle-aged) 70's & 80's music.

We will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This place is crawling with bugs in every corridor! We stayed here during Comic-Con and couldn't sleep thanks to half of the crap in our room. There is no A/C in this place, so you'll be sweating like hell all night as well. Even if there was A/C I doubt the slumlord owner would turn it on. The wifi seemed to be nonexistent (everyone we talked to said it they couldn't even use it). This is the kind of place you stay if you are homeless and managed to save $200 and just want a roof over your head. Run. Run. Run.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends