Pacifica Hotel
US$189
  • Breakfast included
The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$167
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$172
Hilton.com
US$599
US$549
Fairmont.com
Humphreys Half Moon Inn(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$159
  • Pool
Kimpton Solamar Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$191
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$189
US$324
US$279
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Ocean Park Inn(San Diego)
US$209
US$203
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$290
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Staying here has been one of my worst hotel experiences. First of all, upon arriving, the manager, an old lady who only speaks basic English, tried to squeeze more money out of me: although it says $45/night (+tax) on their website for a single room, she said I need to pay $55/night + tax (the price of a double), and that she is in fact doing me a favour since it really should be $60/night for the weekend nights of my stay! This was even more annoying since I had actually phoned two days before my arrival to confirm the room and the total price. When I said I'm not paying more than $45/night, she said "Come on man, you're arguing for $10 now?..." (!!!).

I don't actually think the manager was trying to rip me off, only she was probably really disorganised - however, a very bad first impression had already been made on me.

The hotel feels very plain&cheap, which is what you'd expect given the price, but it is also far from clean: my room probably hadn't been vacuumerd&dusted in years, and the common bathrooms were filthy, with neither the other tenants nor the hotel staff bothering to clean the toilet and the bath tub.

The WiFi signal was almost unusable in the room, and I had to go in the hallway when I needed to use the Internet.

The walls were not good noise insulators at all, and the room sink made a terrible noise whenever the tap was turned on/off, which meant sleep quality wasn't good either.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank LongTalker
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This hostel (really, that is what it is) is located in the heart of San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter - you couldn't ask for a better location. There are 3 pubs across the street and 1 beside the hostel, not to mention many, many restaurants within 3 blocks. The Convention Center trolley station is about a 5 minute walk from this hostel. It's easy to get to, and convenient for almost anything you could want (transit is awesome in San Diego for getting you to the beach, Qualcomm, or shopping).

However, this 'hotel' is really old (which I do love), but this means you can hear EVERYTHING - the hotel was pretty empty when we were staying there but I think they stuck the only other patron in the room directly above ours, so we could hear every time he flushed the toilet, sneezed, and took a shower. Walls are thin, rooms are small, and there is no door on the bathroom (just a curtain). But, for the price, it's clean, has hot water when ever you need it, and the owners seem helpful and friendly. Take it with a grain of salt - this isn't the nicest hotel in San Diego but if you're on a budget, it's alright and serves the purpose.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor as you can hear everything anyone does above you if you're second floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Would give the hotel 3 and a half rating if i could. Hotel is in a great location close by to public transport and many places to eat at and socialize. Room was pretty small and the bed was really small making it hard to sleep sometimes which is probably my only major complaint and no elevators so you will have to carry your lougage up the stairs to the entrance.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to stay for the basics. I had the single room with bath - it was clean, inexpensive for the area, and in a great location (which is right in the middle of the historic Gaslamp District). There are no "extras" but it was well worth it (for example no mini fridge or microwave), but it was that it was quiet and there are tons of restaurants and shops right outside. It worked well for me attending a conference at the San Diego convention center.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I knew when I made the reservations that I shouldn't expect a mint on my pillow, but I wasn't expecting to find bed bugs on my pillow either. I woke up with bed bug bites all over my face and body; two weeks later, I'm still waiting for the scabs to go away. I had to throw out my suitcase and backpack and launder all my clothes repeatedly, and I still live in terror that somewhere in my apartment, a newly established colony of bed bugs is just waiting for the right moment to strike. Don't be fooled by the cheap price; this place wouldn't be worth it if they paid you to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business