“AMMMAZING”

Bencotto Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Bencotto Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 5,561 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: India Street/Kettner Blvd.
Reviewed 16 February 2012

WOW, I got the pumpkin ravioli special with sage... WOW, I was blown away, the service was incredible, we had 3 people making sure we had water, bread a clean table and that are needs were met. I have had A LOT OF authentic italian and this was INCREDIBLE :) and it wasn't too expensive either. Cant wait to go back..

Date of visit: February 2012

Reviewed 9 February 2012

This really is one of the best Italian restaurants in San Diego (and there are a LOT of them). I have been several times, and every time I have great, fresh, innovative food; attentive service, reasonable prices for the quality; I will definitely keep coming back.

Everything is so delicious -- the pastas, the sauces, the salads, the proscuitto and other cold cuts, the desserts,

We had a Christmas lunch here the year before last, and had a wonderful time. We were also here for a private party a year or so ago, and it was incredible.This is the kind of place that I will come back to again and again.

Date of visit: October 2011
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Had dinner here last weekend...lots of shared plates. Very good food - the restaurant was very loud as an fyi.

Date of visit: January 2012
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I knew there were lots of tourist type "Italian" restaurants in Little Italy, San Diego and was expecting to eat at one when we drove there. We walked down the street and passed a bunch but none looked worth the time. We asked a local resident who looked sophisticated enough to be able to steer us to someplace above the norm for the area and she did. Bencotto! Around the corner and stuck into the side of a building. Very sparse decor and concrete floors. HMMMMmmmm? I wonder if we made a mistake. They put the four of us in a corner behind a wall and I was sure we would be forgotten. And we were. At least until the waiter saw us and turned our visit into a delight. My wife and I and two of our grand daughters enjoyed a meal fit for a Medici. I am Italian and have traveled a lot of Italy and this place replicated the rich flavors, delicate pastas and unusual side dishes you only see in my mother country. An appetizer of giant green olives, stuffed with ground seasoned pork and then breaded and fried were off the wall great. The girls split and order of lasagna that was so light and delicious. Even my mother would have been proud of it. Their homemade pastas are wonderful, as my wife would attest to. I had a beef stew on polenta and the chuck roast chunks were braised to perfection. Enough said, if you go to Little Italy for good food, go there. If you go to Little Italy for huge portions of Chef Boyardee, go to all the other places that line the street. Oh, with two beers and soft drinks the bill totaled less than $90. Not bad for what we got.

Date of visit: December 2011
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Food is somewhat sparse for the price and just mediocre, service is so, so. Location is great and if you like the outdoors or people watch than the patio is perfect.