“A Modern Restaurant in Little Italy”

Bencotto Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Bencotto Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 5,243 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: India Street/Kettner Blvd.
Reviewed 16 November 2017

We got got a great recommendation for this restaurant from the bartender in our hotel (Sheraton Marina Hotel). My favorite Italian dish is hand-made ravioli and their crab ravioli with crab bisque sauce on the "Specials Menu" was great. My friends loved their osso bucco and special penne dishes. Panna cotta desert and homemade lemocello topped off the dinner well. There is a full bar and good wine list also. I'll be back!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

My husband and I arrived there at dinner time (6:00 pm) with no reservation, and the host friendly suggested that we seat on the patio (where they have tables available), the weather was a little cold but they have patio heaters so it was fine. The service was great it was quick and friendly, the bread was warm and they serve you olive oil with balsamic on the site for the bread, theres not a lot of restaurants where you can get great gnocchi, but they have a lot of different types of gnocchi so my husband and I where thrilled, we order the Gnocchi Neri, and the Gnocchi Verdi with bencotto sauce, and they were amazing!

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Looking to book next GIRLS TRIP ASAP!!

Olive cheese meat tray was best app on menus.

We ordered some red and white wine for the table. White was not what group was expecting.

Lasagna home made thin noodles w pork Hamburger sausage & red sauce-2 die for!!!

Pumpkin rav with cream sauce

**** cannoli for sweet tooth is a MUST!!!

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Little Italy is fantastic, but this is a casual yet incredible spot to dine in, out, or at the bar. Lots of great dishes, but the pastas are truly exceptional. So many choices when you combine your own choice of pasta, sauce, and/or meat.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I am from the Bay Area and was in SD to visit family. I thought the food was average and price was reasonable. Like many of the restaurants in Little Italy, parking is difficult. After circling a couple of times I opted for the valet parking. Noise level was moderate and wait staff did a nice job. I was there on a Tues evening at 7:00p and it was moderately busy.