“Excellent stay as always!”

USA Hostels San Diego
Reviewed 2 August 2017

I don't have enough words to praise the staff at the USA Hostels in Gaslamp. Everyone was amazingly helpful, nice and friendly. I swear I'd love to live there! For Comic Con is the best place to stay, and with the new ac is even better for the hot nights. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: you can hang your extra sheet from your bed if you're in the lower bunk for extra privacy.
Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for USA Hostels San Diego

Reviewed 29 July 2017

This hostel was great. The staff was so friendly and helpful and kind. The staff warned us when we checked in that the complimentary shampoo was made with sunflowers and offered a non-flower option if we had allergies. They stored our huge suitcases for free (we were returning from extended study abroad). There was free breakfast, plenty of helpful signs and handouts for navigating the city, and the staff knew the answer to every question we had. They even had aloe cream behind the front desk, and let me use it for a bad sunburn!

The staff on the tours were always really flexible as well. We exchanged contact info and didn't have to stay with the group the whole time.

Everything was clean. We stayed in the economy dorm room and there were no bed bugs.

My only complaint is that the front economy dorm room is really, really loud at night. It has nothing to do with the hostel, just the location. You're right above a bunch of bars and it's loud until 2 or 3 am.

A crazy drunk lady woke everyone up by screaming in the lobby at 6 am, and the lady working at the front desk handled the situation perfectly. (I would have been terrified.)

I wish there was a way for people traveling together to reserve the same set of bunk beds (like one person gets the top bed and one the bottom bed).

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2017

The host was clean and tidy. It has very polite and kind employees. The hostel's interiour is designed beautyfully with lot's of colours and themes of freedom and enlightenment. The kitchen was also very clean and easy to orient oneself as there were written intructions.
For us it was the best hostel we have stayed so far.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2017

The hostel was clean, breakfast was good, staff was nice.
The Gaslamp District is loud and unpleasant at night. Make sure to get a room that is not on the street.
Great for young adults. Not a family place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I spent 6 nights here and loved every minute of it! It was very quiet, clean, and well-run. I loved that there was a living room area because that gave me somewhere besides my bed where I could read and relax. The pancake breakfasts were excellent.

Room Tip: If you dye your hair weird colors like I do, be a pal and bring a towel to wrap around the pillowcas...
Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business