USA Hostels San Diego
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Andaz San Diego(San Diego)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham Harbour Lights(San Diego)
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Z - A Staypineapple Hotel(San Diego)
  • Restaurant
Island Inn(San Diego)
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsgreat locationbed dormgaslamp quarterpower outletsbars and restaurantscommon areasnoisy at nightno elevatorfree breakfastnight lifeocean beachcomic concentral locationgreat place to stayenjoyed my staywould definitely stay here againconvention center
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Was a great environment, awesome location, very friendly staff. Common areas (kitchen, lounge, halls, restrooms, showers) everything really clean. Only thing I would give advise on, A lot of us were there for Comic Con and only one time I was able to grab something from the included breakfast but the other days the kitchen was close. I understand that there is a schedule however during Comic con they could accommodate for us the had to get up at 4 am. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I booked this place because of it's convenience to the convention center since I was going here for comic con as well as the price.

The Good
I stayed in a 6 bedroom female room and I love the privacy screen built into the bunk beds as well as the outlets and shelf built into the privacy screen. The locker provided is a decent size that was able to fit my 24" luggage.

The Bad
Although the website advertises central ac, it wasn't really working in the room I stayed it. The fan in the ceiling as well as a rotating stand fan were used instead. And sometimes to keep it cool, the windows had to be opened. I really would have liked the ac to work while I was there since running around the convention center and coming back to a warm room isn't the best thing. Also, there is an outlet built into the locker but it didn't seem to work in the locker I used.

I will give it 5 stars if they can fix the ac the next time I come around!

Also, there is a flight of stairs that you have to walk up to when you first enter besides the other set of stairs you would need to get to your room.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I was overall surprised at how nice and clean it was. I loved every moment of my stay there. Staff was very friendly and made me feel welcome from the start. Room, bathroom and kitchen was clean. Breakfast was nice and the shuttle to the beach was really awesome. I would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I've stayed at this hostel four times now, and it's always been excellent. It has great vibes, the staff is friendly, it's clean, the privacy pods are great, and the in-room lockers are big. I've only ever stayed here during Comic Con, and it's fantastic for that -- only about a 10-minute walk to the convention center, and much cheaper than hotels (as far as I've seen). It can get loud, so bring earplugs or ask for some at the front desk. They have central AC now, which is a blessing (stay cool AND be able to leave the windows closed against the party noise from the street).

Overall, I highly recommend this hostel.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Great location, staff and social environment. Lots of activities. Clean hostel, breakfast not great, other than that awesome. Free use kitchen. Shuttle bus to airport, SeaWorld and zoo. Ask at frontdesk.