“Perfect stay in very friendly environnement”

USA Hostels San Diego
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Our first stop of our California trip, and the best one .
Great location, great staff , very cool ambiance.Lost of activities proposed.They were sad to leave after meeting travelers from Europe plus San Diego beaches are super nice
Overall a great place to vacation!

Room Tip: Comfortable beds in shared mixed rooms
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Was a great environment, awesome location, very friendly staff. Common areas (kitchen, lounge, halls, restrooms, showers) everything really clean. Only thing I would give advise on, A lot of us were there for Comic Con and only one time I was able to grab something from the included breakfast but the other days the kitchen was close. I understand that there is a schedule however during Comic con they could accommodate for us the had to get up at 4 am. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I booked this place because of it's convenience to the convention center since I was going here for comic con as well as the price.

The Good
I stayed in a 6 bedroom female room and I love the privacy screen built into the bunk beds as well as the outlets and shelf built into the privacy screen. The locker provided is a decent size that was able to fit my 24" luggage.

The Bad
Although the website advertises central ac, it wasn't really working in the room I stayed it. The fan in the ceiling as well as a rotating stand fan were used instead. And sometimes to keep it cool, the windows had to be opened. I really would have liked the ac to work while I was there since running around the convention center and coming back to a warm room isn't the best thing. Also, there is an outlet built into the locker but it didn't seem to work in the locker I used.

I will give it 5 stars if they can fix the ac the next time I come around!

Also, there is a flight of stairs that you have to walk up to when you first enter besides the other set of stairs you would need to get to your room.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I was overall surprised at how nice and clean it was. I loved every moment of my stay there. Staff was very friendly and made me feel welcome from the start. Room, bathroom and kitchen was clean. Breakfast was nice and the shuttle to the beach was really awesome. I would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I've stayed at this hostel four times now, and it's always been excellent. It has great vibes, the staff is friendly, it's clean, the privacy pods are great, and the in-room lockers are big. I've only ever stayed here during Comic Con, and it's fantastic for that -- only about a 10-minute walk to the convention center, and much cheaper than hotels (as far as I've seen). It can get loud, so bring earplugs or ask for some at the front desk. They have central AC now, which is a blessing (stay cool AND be able to leave the windows closed against the party noise from the street).

Overall, I highly recommend this hostel.