“Authentic cheesesteaks!”

Gaglione Brothers Famous Steaks & Subs
Ranked #1,465 of 5,193 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Description: One of two San Diego locations of this franchise.
Description: One of two San Diego locations of this franchise.
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

My husband LOVES cheesesteaks. So much we have done a cheesesteak tour of Milwaukee (he wishes it was Philadelphia but we don't live there) where we ate at all the top spots in one day to find his favorite. That being said he knows his cheesesteaks and needless to say I wasn't surprised when he told me he wanted to check this place out.

We sat at the counter were we could watch the action. I had the classic cheese wiz philly while he had his with provolone. Loved how they put wiz on the bottom and the top so you get a the cheese with every bite.

9" is plenty hearty, brought half home. Also shared the cheese wiz fries. Both of us were amazed at how little grease was left on the container. Hardly any at all. Perfectly crispy too.

Delicious!

Reviewed 20 May 2015

The Philly with grilled onions was better than I remember in Philadelphia... the garlic fries are to die for again and again (enough to split with someone). Good service, fast and fresh ingredients. Try the Sophia Loren HOT - just like most Italian women were meant to be! Bon Appetit!

Reviewed 10 February 2015

Great Food, big portions, great service and great prices! One of my favorite restaurants in San Diego, big hoagies are a meal itself, but you can't really miss out on their delicious Garlic Fries. I wish they had a GF option for bread. Really good!

Reviewed 9 December 2014 via mobile

A memorable pastrami sandwich! Seems a little pricey at first, but the amount of food, quality of ingredients, and careful presentation makes this little restaurant a winner!

Reviewed 31 October 2011

On your 1st visit here I recommend the Sophia Loren cold with everthing on it and the garlic cheese fries. If you are in a hurry, call in your order for pick-up. These guys are almost always busy, but it is definately worth the wait.