“Better than the Cheesesteak from Philidelphia”

Gaglione Brothers Famous Steaks & Subs
Ranked #1,487 of 5,226 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Description: One of two San Diego locations of this franchise.
Description: One of two San Diego locations of this franchise.
Reviewed 24 May 2016

Fabulous, delicious, delightful cheesesteak, perfect in every way and better than those available in Philadelphia. If you are a visitor or resident take advantage of this wonderful offering. You will want to write a 5 star review too.

Before boarding the train in Philadelphia for our return trip to Washington DC we stopped in at the Reading Terminal Market and bought take-out at Spataro's Cheesesteaks. I ordered the #1, an authentic Philly Cheesesteak, fries and drink. After settling on the train I opened by dinner and enjoyed it very much. BUT, right here in San Diego you can step inside Gaglione Brothers Famous Steaks & Subs and order a Philly Cheesesteak at least one star better than the authentic one in Philadelphia. Very highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

If you're craving a Philly cheesesteak you can't go wrong with Gaglione's. My wife had the Cheesesteak Hoagie and I had the Mushroom Cheesesteak along with an order of garlic fries. You have the option of choosing a 9", 12" or 18" cheesesteak, we went with the 9" since that alone is very filling, but if you really have an appetite go with the 12". Price and service is great, definitely try these guys out, you won't regret it!

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

They've got the best sandwiches in town but I never tried the garlic fries until this weekend...AMAZING! This place rocks including the service!

Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

My husband LOVES cheesesteaks. So much we have done a cheesesteak tour of Milwaukee (he wishes it was Philadelphia but we don't live there) where we ate at all the top spots in one day to find his favorite. That being said he knows his cheesesteaks and needless to say I wasn't surprised when he told me he wanted to check this place out.

We sat at the counter were we could watch the action. I had the classic cheese wiz philly while he had his with provolone. Loved how they put wiz on the bottom and the top so you get a the cheese with every bite.

9" is plenty hearty, brought half home. Also shared the cheese wiz fries. Both of us were amazed at how little grease was left on the container. Hardly any at all. Perfectly crispy too.

Delicious!

Reviewed 20 May 2015

The Philly with grilled onions was better than I remember in Philadelphia... the garlic fries are to die for again and again (enough to split with someone). Good service, fast and fresh ingredients. Try the Sophia Loren HOT - just like most Italian women were meant to be! Bon Appetit!