“Just so-so!”

Gaglione Brothers Famous Steaks & Subs
Ranked #1,485 of 5,221 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Description: One of two San Diego locations of this franchise.
Description: One of two San Diego locations of this franchise.
Reviewed 17 January 2018

I was really craving a sub and after searching online, I hoped this could be the go-to place near my house if I ever was craving a sub. Reviews looked good. Went on Saturday just after noon and there were about 8 ppl inside. Stepped up to the counter and the girl would not acknowledge me. Finally she looked over and asked her co-worker to help. I was so hoping for something better than Subway. This was barely a step above. It did not have a mom and pop feel and was just an over-priced Subway. Ambience inside lacks and so I rate it just so so. Sub was decent but not a WOW. Garlic fries were nothing special.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

I really like a Philly Cheesesteak and finding Gaglione serves them was enticing. What a disappointment. The service was friendly and the place was busy, indicating they served good food. I got the 9 inch standard, took it home, opened it up and found a bun that tasted like it had been thawed in a microwave for way too long (chewey and tasteless) and a filling that rememinded me of the descriptions of Taco Bell's filling. It was mush. The meat should have been cut in thin slices and grilled to crispy then mixed with veg and cheese. This was gushy and not very tasty. I doubt I'll be going back.
As a closing note, the place was busy so there are those who liked what they were eating, I just don't think the patrons knew how good it could be if prepared properly.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Came across Gaglione Brothers and can't seem to get enough. Great place for a cheesesteak amd the Garlic Fries and Bomb.Com

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Visiting friends and this is one of their family favorites. Our orders: dad-chicken cheesesteak, mom-vegan sandwich (basically all the fixings that could go on cheesesteak but without the meat), 13yo- cheesesteak with jalapeños (whoa), 9yo- chicken fingers and fries, me- salad- cheesesteak. Everything was delicious. 5 stars for convenience, cleanliness, and service.

Reviewed 24 May 2016

Fabulous, delicious, delightful cheesesteak, perfect in every way and better than those available in Philadelphia. If you are a visitor or resident take advantage of this wonderful offering. You will want to write a 5 star review too.

Before boarding the train in Philadelphia for our return trip to Washington DC we stopped in at the Reading Terminal Market and bought take-out at Spataro's Cheesesteaks. I ordered the #1, an authentic Philly Cheesesteak, fries and drink. After settling on the train I opened by dinner and enjoyed it very much. BUT, right here in San Diego you can step inside Gaglione Brothers Famous Steaks & Subs and order a Philly Cheesesteak at least one star better than the authentic one in Philadelphia. Very highly recommended.