“Very friendly and extremely helpful crew, on a great boat!”

Waterhorse Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Whether you are a new or experienced diver, let us safely take you to the most awe-inspiring scuba diving sites in San Diego. With the only custom built dive boat in the area, we guarantee a safe, fun, and eco-friendly trip every time. Come experience the kelp forests, Wreck Alley, and Mexican Coronado Islands aboard the top rated dive boat in San Diego. [IMPORTANT: Our dive shop is being remodeled to better serve our divers but we're available over the phone or email all day!]
Reviewed 20 November 2017

I have taken several trips with them to dive the Yukon and the Ruby E. The crew is very friendly and extremely helpful. I always feel welcome. They always do a great job accommodating diver's needs, even when it's a full boat.

The boat itself is in very good shape, and well maintained. It's also a giant save a dive kit, with all the tools and equipment you'll need to make a safe dive, and a crew who knows how to fix equipment.

I honestly believe the one negative comment they have is actually a positive one. They don't take chances when there are small boat advisories due to weather. I can certainly understand the frustration, but I choose life, over the inconvenience of not being able to go. We got blown out once, and without asking they gave us credit to use on any of their following charters. They obviously put safety before profits which is a very good think..

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"motion"
"7mm"

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Great charter out to the islands. Fantastic dive site where the sea lions swim over to check you out. Great professional dive crew -- Captain Ryan fixed an inflator leak in my BCD between dives. Don't expect hand holding though. Divemaster gives the briefing and you go where you want. If you need a diver to take you on a tour, you can hire a private divemaster or buddy up with someone who knows the area. Also expect cold water and bring/rent the appropriate gear. Water at depth about 66*F (19*C) during my dives in September.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

My wife and I dive fairly regularly in the Monterey / Carmel area. We dove with Waterhorse charters a few days back (early in July 2017). Greg was quite prompt in responding to our emails with details about the charter etc. The entire operation seemed very well run. The rental gear seemed to be in reasonably good condition and the boat was quite spacious. The crew was very friendly and helpful. We had hired a guide for our dives since this was our first visit to these wrecks. Our guide John seemed competent, knowledgable and was fun to hang out with. We really enjoyed the dives !

The hot soup, tea and the onboard hot shower made things so much better after the ~ 30 minute dives in the cold water :) The water temperature at depth was approx. 53 degrees and we were diving in 7 mm wetsuits.

Great day out on the wrecks. Highly recommend ! Hope to dive with Waterhorse Charters again sometime soon.

2  Thank scuba_noobie
Reviewed 2 January 2017

My friend and I, both from SF and regular divers in Monterey had an opportunity to go diving with the folks at Waterhorse on board their boat The Humboldt. We found them to be a well run operation with a boat that was spacious and excellent service. We dove three dives. Yukon, the weather station and a reef. They clearly try hard to ensure that their divers have safe and excellent dives. They provide plenty of hot soup and other foods and water. I recommend them highly.