“Shim L”

Urge American Gastropub
Reserve with OpenTable
Urge American Gastropub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #369 of 5,554 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

We had a great graduation celebration with 15 in our group. To begin the service was fabulous and very attentive.
Several starters help us get underway and set a good mood with cheese curds, calamari , special fries, all excellent. Entrees were all over the place but 3 stood out, meatloaf was exceptional, classic burgers made everyone happy, the seared ahi burger was special. To finish the meal we tried the carrot cake and it special in every way, don't miss this final treat.
Reading the many brew options, you can't go wrong, something for every taste.
A fantastic evening and memorable visit, can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Great food! Great service! Great ambiance! Don't make the mistake I made and ask for a "Corona" though! Lol Tara is going to miss this place!

Reviewed 2 April 2017

We were looking for a light snack after a full day of travel. This place was close by. It is a brew pub with a decent menu. However, the place is very noisy. Service was good. The waitress tried to move us but there was no more room. Fortunately our section emptied out fairly quickly after we arrived. Great selection of beers...

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Stopped in since I saw it when I drove by and one of the hotel staff had recommended...the other disagreed....she was right.
She even said he only likes it for the atmosphere of young 20 somethings and beer.....
So I parked and could not find my way in the sign is over the building but had to walk and extra 200-300 feet around the building to an open door .... how about a small sign with an arrow over the other doors
The hostess was slow
The waitress was slow and preoccupied with arranging tables for a larger group
Had to interrupt her like 3-4 times
The other 2 servers seems on the ball
She screwed up my order
I ordered a burger and fries with a soup
I got a burger with the soup at the same time no fries
She had substituted it for the fries
Kinda odd since she specifically asked if I would like the soup before my meal or with
I requested it first and she said OK I'll bring it first
By the way it even says so on the receipt

Then the food itself was bland a pile of brisket ? Short rib
on top of a well done burger
So much for medium rare
Soup was mushroom .... it was the best thing of the evening
Sorry server Sarah .... you need to wake up
The mgr queried a few others but never ventured to my table
Just bugs me when it wasn't even full and I couldn't get service

Reviewed 24 February 2017

This restaurant is in the shopping center on Bernardo Center Drive near the intersection with Rancho Bernardo Road. It is a pub, but it has some nice choices for dinner. My wife had a beet and goat cheese salad, vegetarian, very good. I had a phenomenal burger, called Fahrenheit. Let me tell you, if you don't like spicy food, choose something else. The burger was cooked to perfection, and the toppings gave it more flavor than I have experienced in a burger. It was really, really good.

Service was unobtrusive and good. We split a bottle of wine. Under $60 before tip.

Been to Urge American Gastropub? Share your experiences!