“Great service, good food and drink”
Review of Slater's 50/50

Slater's 50/50
Ranked #178 of 5,226 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Slater’s 50/50® was founded in 2009 in Anaheim Hills, California by Scott Slater, a San Diego State graduate with a passion for gourmet comfort food and craft beer. Teaming up with Executive Chef Brad Lyons, they created the world’s first 50/50 burger – 50 percent ground bacon and 50 percent ground beef – taking the Southern California restaurant scene by storm. In 2011, the second Slater’s 50/50 opened in Huntington Beach followed quickly by the San Diego location. Since opening, Slater’s 50/50 has won a number of awards and accolades including “Best Burger” by The Orange County Register, OC Weekly and FOX 5 San Diego as well as Best New Restaurant by San Diego Magazine. Slater’s 50/50 has also been featured on national television shows including the Travel Channel’s Bacon Paradise and Discovery Channel’s United States of Bacon.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Was busy when we visited, but we chose to sit at the bar rather than wait 10 minutes for a table (we hadn’t booked). Sitting at the bar was great. Staff were friendly and very attentive, prices very reasonable and food quality excellent. One of the greeters told us a table had become free, but we were happy sitting at the bar and stayed there.
I’d definitely recommend visiting - we felt very welcomed.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

It was a little tricky to find the place (GPS took us to the wrong side of a very huge building and Slaters was on the other side). Luckily we persevered....this place is amazing! We arrived at Happy Hour, so there were some amazing local craft beer we were able to try for under $4 per pint. We also ordered some "Frickles" which is part of their $3 app Happy Hour special. Excellent! Finally, we ordered our burgers.... a BBB burger for hubby and an Original for me. The burgers were awesome and I even need to rave about the bacon ketchup served with the fries. I only wish I had asked for their Smanimal sauce on the fries too (their take on In & Out animal sauce). Can you tell that we loved it??

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Great place that is super dog friendly! Cocktails were wonderful, very laid back no rush to turn the table. The appetizer of fried bacon Mac & cheese balls is a must, I’m addicted!! Then I had the “Best Damn Cheeseburger” and the name is accurate! The head chef and owner can out to see if we liked everything and then returned with a plate of cooked bacon for our dog! Great place, incredible food a must do for anyone in or near Dallas!!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This was one of the first stops on our food tour, and I have to say I was impressed. We had a burger and their mac & cheese bacon balls, and they were both incredible. I am not a fan of either of these things, mac & cheese or burgers, but I was surprised at how delicious they both were.

There is a backstory to this place if I recall from the tour. That is to say, they put bacon into or on everything. I believe they even grind it up with meat so that you always have bacon flavor no matter the dish if I recall.

The place was trendy and from the menu, the prices were inline with what you expect in a touristy area like Liberty Market. As it stands now, the parking is FREE but there are rumors that this will be changing soon. They offer both indoor and outside seating as well.

Overall, I was really impressed by the food and experience here. I would recommend you check it out if in the area.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Ok I go here once every few weeks as I think they have the best burgers in town. Today I found out they have a new menu that they just started.

I waited about 30 mins for my burger at the bar to be told by the bartender they apparently had a huge order go in right before mine and she just found out. Seriously guys in the kitchen you have an order for 1 burger and push it to the back? :(
Apparently they hadn't even started it.

It took 51 minutes for my burger to arrive. The bartender was very appologetic and said the next beer was on them. I knew it wasn't her fault, it was the back of the house that caused the mess.

I tried my usual make your own burger. They added ghost chili pepper jack cheese. I figured what the heck..... WARNING I eat the ghost chili wings and dirty birds without breaking a sweat. This stuff is about 10 times hotter. Be warned its no joke.

Afterwards I requested my usual Bacon Brownie with a scoop of ice cream. Trust me I needed it after that amount of heat. I was told they just stopped making them. Im here thinking what the heck the bacon brownie is literally a San Diego tradition !

Apparently they discontinued all their desserts and replaced them with new milk shakes. Im here thinking ummm why ? Management should consider adding them to the menu instead of ripping out the dessert menu. Trust me they had it right before

The customer service is the only reason I am giving a 4 star rating instead of 2 stars.

Im going to start going to some other places I know instead. Waiting an hour for a burger is silly. Discontinuing one of the the best desserts in town made up my mind.