New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Comfort Inn San Diego At The Harbor
Ranked #171 of 283 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Jacinto, California
“If not for the roaches, this would be a positive review.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

I arrived for a 3 night stay at this hotel and was pleased by the friendliness of the staff working here. I went to my room and found an unusually laid out, but generally not bad little room with a comfortable bed. Bathroom was small, but functional and appeared clean. The second night there, I ordered a pizza. I put the leftovers in the fridge and left the box on top of the fridge. I got up at midnight to get a drink, turned on the lights, and saw cockroaches all over the box and wall near the fridge. Immediately called the front desk and they were very apologetic and moved me to a different room on the 2nd floor (first room was a ground floor room). I examined that room to the best of my ability and didn't see anything, so I stayed that night in that room. The next afternoon after returning to the room, I went into the bathroom and had another roach scurry across the floor. I packed my things, went to the front desk, demanded a refund (which, to their credit, they did provide), and went and stayed at the Holiday Inn up the block. More expensive, but not the wild kingdom either. This could have been a very nice little budget hotel with good breakfast options, but roaches are never acceptable at any price point.

Room Tip: If you do plan to stay here, ascertain that the roach problem has been addressed before booking. Ba...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank NotAskingForMuch2011
athmanager, Manager at Comfort Inn San Diego At The Harbor, responded to this review, 20 November 2011
Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience.
The problem has been taken care of by Pest Control experts.
We do our best to prevent problems from recurring.
I hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.

A J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

This hotel was a huge disappointment. For the price ($89.95/night) we had way better accommodations on our recent 3 week tour of CA, AZ, UT and CO. The room appeared to have been furnished with items from local second-hand shops. Furniture was arranged helter-skelter.
WI-FI was marginal to non-existent. The room smelled bad.I would not stay here again, and I think anybody who has stayed here would feel the same way.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am truely sorry that your stay with us was disappointing.
Thank you for your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Zürich
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

Room dirty, bad service, loud, breakfast horrible, miss this place!

• Stayed October 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

This is an older Comfort Inn property with modest, clean rooms within steps of the harbor and fine restaurants (we particularly enjoyed the Pizza Nova) and convenience of a Navy Exchange (NEX) four short blocks away. What truly makes it a delight is "A.J. and Tim" at reception who were extremely friendly, courteous and highly articulate. Both of these gentlemen were solicitous and helpful in providing us with information and scheduling a van pickup from the hotel to the B Street Terminal a few miles away for our Holland America cruise to Hawaii. The hotel, as typical with most Comfort Inns attracts mostly mature retirees who are very considerate and respectful of other hotel occupants. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Nice swimming pool and sunbathing area.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The staff and I are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
The Point Loma area has a very good selection of restaurants and many are within walking distance of the hotel. Pizza Nova is one of my favorites, the Artichoke Dip is delicious.
I hope you had a wonderful time on your trip to Hawaii.
We look forward to your next visit to San Diego.

Shelton, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

Here I sit at the Comfort Inn wishing I was at a nicer hotel. This Hotel is average. There is nothing special about it. If you don;t care if it isn't up to date then this is the place for you. I wish I could leave but we are locked in. So spend a little more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
athmanager, Manager at Comfort Inn San Diego At The Harbor, responded to this review, 29 September 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again.