“Wow! Just wow!”

Donut Bar
Ranked #1 of 74 Bakeries in San Diego
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: The Most Award Winning Donuts in the USA! Donut Bar was launched in San Diego in 2013 by Celebrity Chef Santiago Campa. In 2017 Chef Santiago announced expansion of his brand with franchise offerings. Donut Bar will be among the fastest growing new franchises with 12 destination locations scheduled to open in 2018.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

So glad we sought out this place. The doughnuts (donuts) were amazing! Fairly priced and a nice seating area upstairs too. This place definitely earns its #1 placing!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

These were the best dang donuts to have ever passed my lips. Waited about 20 minutes to get inside and honestly, I would've waited an hour for these bad boys. SO MANY OPTIONS!! I got a Boston cream and Mexican Hot Chocolate...so good!!! And they were huge! This is a must for donut lovers.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Boston Cream donut is the best I’ve ever had. And the selection is adorable (the Harry Potter butter beer!) and fun—bright colors and decor!

Don’t pass this by if it’s open. They close once they sell out so it can be open until 10 or 2. :)

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Well with a name like Donut Bar (my favorite 2 words, even separately!) how could I resist? I heard about the long lines, so I went around 10, got right in, got my donuts! Great selection lots of interesting selection Mexican Chocolate, marshmallows and the Homer 'Soul Donut'! I of course got sucked in by the Nutella Special (how could you not?) there are tubs of Nutella over the display case just to whet your whistle. The bigger donuts can run 3-4 dollars a piece, but hey the do have more economical versions too. Buy one, buy a dozen, satiate that donut shaped hole in your stomach!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Unique flavors like creme brulee is everything you'd expect from the dessert, but in a donut; sugar shell crunch on top and creamy vanilla bean custard. Maple bacon done exceptionally well with decent sized chopped bacon pieces on top so there is bacon on every bite. The caramel latte is not too sweet that you get turned off half way through the enormous donut. I'm no donut connoisseur, but I've been to Voodoo in my favorite food city Portland, OR and will say the Donut Shop is hands down better. The donuts taste fresh, soft, and in some cases still warm. They haven't gotten so big that they churn out too many donuts that sit for a longer time to meet the crowd demand. My visits we're mid week early morning; the service was friendly and helpful with a short line that moved quite efficiently.