“Good Food, Decent Prices”
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #674 of 5,141 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Another lunch time venue for me, Saffron serves consistent and tasty thai food and has impressed me over the years. The owners and staff can be a little moody , but you just get used to it over time. but the food makes up for it. Most dishes are around $10.

Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

This should be part of San Diego tours. Great food. Place may not look too atractive, but the food is to die for.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

This no-frills restaurant, in the Land of No Parking, is worth the trip. They don't need all those photos of chef/owner (I almost typed "chef/wonder," and it would have been accurate) with Martha Stewart, Emeril, etc. to convince anyone that s/he is in the presence of culinary greatness. The food is that good!!! I may have exaggerated a teensy bit about parking -- there are 30-minute meters on the street.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I have been eating at Saffron for more than ten years. It is an odd restaurant in that it is actually two restaurants: a sit down restaurant and a take out restaurant next door. The cooks are always shuttling between the two places with food. Su Mei, a native I believe of Thailand or China, made this restaurant her pride. She still shows up here from time to time. I wish the carry out containers were not Styrofoam..more environment friendly. Overall, this restaurant is a legacy in the san Diego area. The pad thai is tasty and unique. This place just falls short of five stars because of the difficult parking and the lack of atmosphere in the restaurant.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I actually have only ever gotten picnic baskets here. Most recently we did the Valentine's special (given that before baby we used to love doing picnics...so we had a little indoor picnic in Feb). The dipping sauces are awesome - I especially like the sweet n sour and chutney which are both pretty unique tasting.