“Reasonable prices. Good vegetable dishes.”
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #674 of 5,141 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Our Thai Grilled Chicken was quite dry but the saffron rice and the salad were good. Our friends ordered the Cambodian Salad and said it was delicious. You will stand in line to order and be given a number to place at the table you choose so they can deliver your dishes. Everyone enjoyed the peanut sauce.

This is a casual place and busy at lunch. We chose to go in the evening when there was no line. We had to park two blocks away as there are four restaurants and an excellent gelato place in this area. It's a good place to eat but we don't understand the popularity. We want to try the noodle dishes and Cambodian salads next time. Perhaps they are why Saffron is so popular.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Have been going to Saffron since the eighties! Yes, the eighties. Even after moving away from San Diego, when I get back there, it is my "must go" location for lunch. I always get the same thing. The thai chicken with jasmine rice, amazing salad and dipping sauces. My favorite is the Thai Chili sauce but they have many. Too delish for words. Corner of India Street and Washington. Go, you won't regret it, if you like casual Thai. There is no inside seating.....keep that in mind.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Don't let Saffron's informal environment fool you, the food they serve is worthy of many, many stars. Husband introduced me to Saffron a few years ago, and he has been a loyal customer since they first opened. Their prices are fair and the food is delicious! My personal favorite is the Vietnamese noodles, husband loves their salad rolls. They also have the best picnic baskets, call in advance and pick it up. It's full of goodies (chicken, rice, rolls, salad) and it's perfect for two with plenty of leftovers.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Another lunch time venue for me, Saffron serves consistent and tasty thai food and has impressed me over the years. The owners and staff can be a little moody , but you just get used to it over time. but the food makes up for it. Most dishes are around $10.

Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

This should be part of San Diego tours. Great food. Place may not look too atractive, but the food is to die for.