“Dirty establishment”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My wife and I went to Saffron Sunday 1/12/14, and was greeted by a new employee who could care less about customer service. She had no greetings or manners. The employee teaching her also had no manners. We had better customer service before, but this day was terrible!! Also the floors were filthy, dirty and the windows were dirty. It wasn't because of the volume of people, we got there at 11: 15 am. I am very dissapointed about the customer service, the filthy environment, and the neurotransmitter rolls were very soggy. I believe they were made the night before because there was condensation on the clear plastic cover. The concept of the owner's healthy eating etc. is great, but to produce and have quality employees and food is a must. I hope she sees what I saw. Please don't get too corporate!!!

1  Thank Kelvin T

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I love the Pad Thai here I would rank it as one of the top 3 best places for pad thai in San Diego. However I tried one of their salad rolls today and the shrimp was alright, but the salmon didn't agree with my taste buds at all I ended up pulling it out and eating the rest without meat. I wouldn't go back for the $3 salad roll but I'll be there over and over for the Pad Thai, plus they were closing up one day and we showed up 2 minutes before close and they still let us order! Great customer service if you ask me.

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Ordered a Thom Kha Gai and Thai Green Curry with noodles as a to go meal. The soup was poorly made and the chicken was tough. The entree was massively over spiced - presumably to hide the poor quality - and the noodles were cold!!! Considering the price was also well above averqge, I consider myself ripped off.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Our Thai Grilled Chicken was quite dry but the saffron rice and the salad were good. Our friends ordered the Cambodian Salad and said it was delicious. You will stand in line to order and be given a number to place at the table you choose so they can deliver your dishes. Everyone enjoyed the peanut sauce.

This is a casual place and busy at lunch. We chose to go in the evening when there was no line. We had to park two blocks away as there are four restaurants and an excellent gelato place in this area. It's a good place to eat but we don't understand the popularity. We want to try the noodle dishes and Cambodian salads next time. Perhaps they are why Saffron is so popular.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Have been going to Saffron since the eighties! Yes, the eighties. Even after moving away from San Diego, when I get back there, it is my "must go" location for lunch. I always get the same thing. The thai chicken with jasmine rice, amazing salad and dipping sauces. My favorite is the Thai Chili sauce but they have many. Too delish for words. Corner of India Street and Washington. Go, you won't regret it, if you like casual Thai. There is no inside seating.....keep that in mind.