“Great Happy Hour!”
Review of Lou & Mickey's

Lou & Mickey's
Reserve with OpenTable
Lou & Mickey's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #336 of 5,169 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: L Street
Transit: Gaslamp Stop (Trolley)
Description: Gaslamp's "Favorite Steakhouse" is directly across the street from the San Diego Convention Center and two blocks from Petco Park. Join us for famous steaks, choice seafood, and exotic drinks.
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

I am a huge fan of Happy Hours. The last few trips to San Diego I have noticed this restaurant. The restaurant is conveniently located directly across the street from the San Diego Convention Center...so I figured it had to be pricey. One look at the digital wall menu confirmed that this restaurant is a full service steak house.

The restaurant was booming inside (on this Friday). I inquired about happy hour, and was informed it was available in the bar area (not the outside tables). The bar was rocking and rolling. Seems like several groups were having fun. Since this was the 5th of January, I would have to say that the patrons were mostly locals.

The happy hour drinks consisted of a nice selection of wines, beers, and serveral mixed drinks. The happy hour food was even more diverse.

We chose to squeeze into a set of seats at the bar. With our group beer and wine were chosen. Food items included mini caesar salad, fish and chips, calimari, and shrimp cocktail. Everything was priced well, and the food was quite excellent.
My $8 fish & chips was enough to share!

If you have an opportunity to visit SD, try this place for Happy Hour. I do not think you’ll be disappointed. Pictured you will see the items I ordered. Bon Appetit!

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Great location for people viewing with an open and airy bar and excellent drink. My Manhattan was just perfect. A must visit while in the Gaslamp area.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

This is a restaurant and cocktail lounge in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter serving steaks, seafood, and pasta along with a wide assortment of appetizers and desserts.

Our party of 7 had dinner reservations on a Friday evening and were promptly seated when we arrived. White tablecloths adorn the tables making for an elegant dining experience. The decor is very classy and upscale in appearance. Our server was friendly and took time to completely explain the menu even advising which dishes were his favorites when asked. He promptly refilled drinks, removed empty plates, silverware and glasses.

Portions are large and well presented. Menu prices are high-end but that is expected for the quality, ambiance and service one experiences dining here.

Restrooms were pleasantly clean and well cared for. The only distraction for our party was a larger group seated near us became very loud as the evening progressed. This isn't the restaurant's fault even though it was a distraction that can happen anywhere.

This visit was very enjoyable for our party and everyone raved about their food being so delicious. I recommend this restaurant for any fine dining you plan to do. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Went here for company Christmas dinner. We eat here a few times a year. One of our appetizers was not up to it's usual standard. @ of our steaks were without flavor. We were disappointed when normally everything here is perfect.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Location convenient to all bayfront hotels. Warm comfortable upscale atmosphere serving a complete menu of excellent prime quality steaks and chops at mid to higher price point. Seafood lovers come for the dock-fresh selections; I can recommend the Fish & Chips in perfectly crisp batter and juicy and succulent inside. Prompt attentive service makes Lou and Mickey’s one of my go-to places every time I visit.

Been to Lou & Mickey's? Share your experiences!