“Probably the best burger of my life”
Review of Hodad's

Hodad's
Ranked #9 of 4,869 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Ocean Beach
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Like In-N-Out? Its like that, but better. Great value, tons of food, but be aware, they're busy. Prepare to stand in line to get in, and once you're in, to be rushed to leave. I can't really blame them, the price is right so turn over is key, and it tastes so good that you don't mind eating quickly.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Hands down best burger and onion rings in town - worth the wait!!!

Reviewed 2 March 2012

We went here on a recommendation from my hair stylist at home. Hodad's is situated in the surfer town of Ocean Beach nestled amongst shops (head and souvenir). We showed up just as the dinner rush was beginning to settle in, but were fortunately seated right away. They keep the menu simple; you can get a mini, single, or double version of any of their burgers. I had the single bacon cheeseburger, my husband got the double. I had no regrets, as I was pretty hungry. It was delicious and juicy, simple and everything you could want in a burger. My husband however could barely get through half of his ENORMOUS double. It was at least entertaining for me to watch him try and take a bite of his almost 5 inch high sandwich.

Also, get a half order of Frings (onion rings and french fries). Not only is the half order *enough* for 2 people, it was too much. Only get the full order if you have 3 or more people or an equivalent appetite.

The service was great, beer selection was meh. Parking, as it was in many areas of San Diego, was a bit of a hassle. I'd recommend going here during the week, either early or late.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Food was very good and the place is pretty cool. Long wait but can't say it's worth it. It's as good as a good burger can be but not spectacular. Would go back and eat as long as the line isn't long.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Skip the hour long line at the door and get your burger to go. Beach is just a couple blocks away. We ate in the convertible and watched the sunset. Much better ambience than the tatoo covered staff and customers. I've had better burgers, but this one was definitely good. Killer rings though.

Been to Hodad's? Share your experiences!