The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$189
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$236/night.

Residence Inn San Diego La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$389
US$239
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$229
US$195
US$184
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$261/night.

Hilton San Diego Bayfront(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$189
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$228/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$145
US$140
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$272
US$224
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$247
US$199
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$234/night.

Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$210
Omni Hotels
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$294
US$259
Travelocity
1,593 results
All reviewsgaslamp districtrooms are smallhorton plazayoga roomshower doortwo bottles of watergas lampconvention centergreat boutiquerestaurant downstairswithin walking distanceper nightbathroom floorhomeless peoplein room coffeecorner roomfridge and microwave
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Four things that you should know: (1) the walls in my room were paper thin, and you can hear neighbors' intimate bathroom noises; (2) the wifi did not work, but the concierge directed me to a tech support line--who has time to do that on a trip?; (3) the coffee was never replenished in my room--I had to go down to the front desk every day; and (4) there were long hairs in my bed. When I checked out, the concierge didn't ask my how my stay was, which should tell you everything you need to know. Overall, shabby and uninterested in improving; avoid.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We picked this hotel for a goofy reason - My daughter is named Sofia, and we thought we'd give the place a try. We were glad we did. This place has tons of old charm and character. You feel it from the moment you step into the lobby. Just as any old hotel, though, everything is a bit small - from the elevator to the rooms to the bathrooms - It's tiny. However, they maximize the space, and the size didn't bother us, because it is so well done, and we were only there for one night. Plus, it is just a block away from the Gas Lamp district. So, it couldn't be better located. We walked over there for dinner, and it was tons of fun. So, I guess I'd say, if you have more than two people (We had three.), don't plan on staying in one room together for longer than one or two nights, but don't miss this place.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2018

The Sofia was such a wonderful surprise. It was our first visit and we gave it a try because of location. We are so glad we did! The service is excellent and the staff is friendly and helpful. The location is great - easy to walk to the Gaslamp District, Padres field and convention center. Lots of places to eat AND dog friendly. They even keep dog biscuits in their lovely and elegant lobby. We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 31 March 2018

This is a cute hotel but has all the essential amenities! The front desk staff was cordial and professional. The valet parking attendant was friendly. Great walking tour on Sunday (also available on Saturday AM). The yoga instructor was attentive but the space for the yoga sessions was quite small, really only enough for 3 guests and the instructor. Within walking distances to many restaurants and the theater.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is nice and has charm but also has some trade offs that don’t make it a good value compared to other luxury hotels in the area. For starters it’s a bit further from the airport than others but is also a further walk from bars and restaurants and I found myself asking why I wasn’t staying at some of the other luxury hotels I was passing walking back to my hotel. My experience was that this place was at the same price point as other luxury hotels in the area but not as convenient or nice. I found myself attending a family funeral and I stayed at the Sofia the first night but found the next night I changed my plans to stay with my family at a large luxury chain hotel closer to the airport and was slapped with a huge cancellation fee (80%) of rate. I also found even with the hefty cancellation fee this other hotel was much nicer and had way more amenities, better location near the water with charming waterfront parks and still walking distance to bars and restaurants not that you needed it given the fabulous onsite bars and restaurants. In retrospect I was happy to pay the fee to have a much better experience. To be accurate the Sofia _does_ have a bar and restaurant but it was closed when I arrived and when I got up. Also the view reminded me of my apartment in Brooklyn at the same high price point but I couldn’t be further away from Brooklyn both figuratively and perhaps literally. You don’t need a small, dark, cramped room with a quirky bathroom and a bad view in San Diego even with all the close proximity structures. This ain’t New York and I don’t need that vibe here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo