“More Than Fantastic-Repeat Stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station
Ranked #9 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Las Vegas, Nevada
“More Than Fantastic-Repeat Stay”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I have stayed at many Homewood Suites including this one in the past. This place is one of my favorite hotels to stay as they always make me feel like at home. I’m currently on an extended stay and am blown away by how the staff continues to go above and beyond to ensure guests have a great stay. The place is in fantastic condition and the staff performs maintenance and upkeep constantly. One night the pool table got destroyed and it was replaced two days later. The bbq grills are cleaned everyday and the staff will light them for you if needed and provided utensils.

Every encounter I have with the staff has been very pleasant. My luggage was stored upon arrival while they were preparing my room. I went to get it and could not carry it all and went to make another trip when the lady from the front desk jumped in and brought it to me. The cleaning team is very efficient and pretty stealthy. I reluctantly single out people when the entire staff is great. In this case I have to say the entire food team went above and beyond to accommodate. One example is the eggs were not good for a long time because the way they were prepared (steamed). One of the new employees took the initiative to fry them in a pan and add a little garnish. They were like a totally different product and were very delicious. I spoke to him and found out he actually went to the Courtyard hotel next door (opened by the same company) to use their pan. Marten and Stephanie who work the dinner/happy hour are very friendly and quite efficient. They do an excellent job keeping things stocked and cleaned and are always friendly.

The hotel is a great location as others have noted. All the amenities of this place make it a great deal but the STAFF makes this place special. They are very proud of their Trip Advisor Award and continually strive to please everyone. It is very obvious the management and entire team are focused on delivering a great hotel stay for all guests!

One side note, guests are allowed to use the fitness center next door afterhours since the ones here are only open from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm. The Courtyard next door is also nice and they have a restaurant and bar which attract a good crowd.

Room Tip: Water views are nice here as you also get to see the walking paths.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank barryvo
Derek K, Front Desk Supervisor at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
It's always an honor to have repeat guests post sterling reviews about our hotel and the continued efforts made by our staff. We greatly appreciate the time you took to write this review and look forward to providing that exceptional service that you have come to expect from us on your next visit.

Kind Regards and Safe Travels,
Homewood Suites Liberty Station Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Korean first
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We had great service, nice breakfasts, easy laundry facilities, and a perfect room for a family. We enjoyed the central location and free parking. The place was fully booked when we were there, and everything still went smoothly.

2 Thank raleighgrl
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2012

this place was fantastic, not to mention convenient to most attractions, stores, and freeways. it's comparable to being in a mini resort, without paying the resort prices. I don't think I can add on to what's already posted except I wished I would have stayed here longer!

Room Tip: choose the ones in the back, so the balcony is facing the water instead of the parking lot
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank chopstick1
Panama
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed there for 4 days with my family in a 2-bedroom suite. The room was very clean and well equipped. It is just a few minutes from the airport, and since we got in late at night, we were in our beds in no time.

The staff is amiable and you get all you can expect from a Homewood Suites.

1 Thank PanamaPaul
Washington State
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Great location right by the airport. We weren't bothered by airport noise. Liberty Station has playgrounds for the kids, open space and walking paths, plus a great variety of restaurants all within walking distance. We walked to Ikiru sushi at night and felt perfectly safe.

We booked a two-bed/two-bath suite that included a fully stocked kitchen (and three flat-screen TVs). This was very comfortable for our family of five, with one child on the sofa bed.

The complimentary breakfast featured the usual choices, including make it yourself waffles. I really appreciated the hot-at-all-hours coffee bar, and my family enjoyed the billiards table and the swimming pool. I wasn't able to connect to the wifi in our room, but I ducked into the business center for a quick website check.

The manager, Dell, was able to give us a 2pm check out time, which allowed us time to have a late-morning swim and enjoy our left-over teriyaki beef/chicken in our room with some extras from Trader Joe's.

Some guests use the hotel for long-term stays. I think it would be very comfortable as temporary quarters.

2 Thank miriamoly
Mission Bay Park
The Dana on Mission Bay, BW Premier Collection
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Mission Valley / Zoo

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station

Property: Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station
Address: 2576 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106-6418
Region: United States > California > San Diego
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Business Hotel in San Diego
#5 Family Hotel in San Diego
#41 Romantic Hotel in San Diego
Price range (per night): RM794 - RM1,472
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites San Diego Airport - Liberty Station Hotel San Diego