The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$189
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$225/night.

Residence Inn San Diego La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$389
US$239
Residence Inn
US$195
US$184
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$261/night.

Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$229
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Bayfront(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$220
US$189
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$251/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$145
US$140
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$272
US$224
  • Restaurant
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$260
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$199
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$238/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$294
US$259
Hotels.com
1,750 results
All reviewsbedroom suitesouth buildingbasketball courttrader joesmon thursfull kitchenbreakfast and dinnerfree dinneroutdoor fireplacelaundry roomevening receptionwalking pathpoint lomanaval baseliving areawithin walking distancehome away from home
Reviewed 21 June 2015

I stayed at Homewood Liberty Station for 5 nights during a recent business trip in June 2015. Just prior to that, I stayed at the Homewood Denver Downtown for 3 nights. The best thing about Homewood Liberty Station is the location. There are several fast food and informal dining options within the same parking lot area. About 1/4 mile away, there is a quaint Liberty Station Marketplace with Trader Joes and Vons for grocery and deli, as well as numerous casual dining options. Homewood is next to Marriott and both are along the San Diego River. Quite nice and safe area to walk along, which connects to a large park. The hotel is only about 3 miles from Sea World. It is maybe only 5 miles away from the airport and although the planes pass nearby, you can barely hear the planes while outside and not at all while inside the rooms with the windows closed. Homewood is also only about 5 minutes from the Sports Arena Blvd area with the various big-box stores and many other eateries. It is also only about 30 minutes from the newer Las Americas outlet near the border.

I found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful.

Homewood Liberty Station has two separate buildings. I stayed in the south building, having a bayview, corner suite on the 4th floor. The suite was clean and I checked for bedbugs and found none. The suite, however, was small and I found it irritating that the door to the shower and toilet swung outward into the lavatory sink area. My particular room did not have a balcony (other rooms have). The furniture was a bit dated but nothing to complain about, again, the suite was very clean. I didn't really use the kitchen but it was fairly large and connected to the main living room area that had its own sofa and tv.

Each of the two Homewood buildings had their own small fitness room. My building's fitness room has a treadmill, stair climber type machine, dumbbells up to 50 lbs, a bench, and a few other accessories. The other building's fitness center had the same machines, but instead of the bench and heavier dumbbells, it had dumbells up to I think 15 lbs and the pulley type of weight machine that can adjust to do different standing exercises. Both fitness centers had water fountains. There was no bottle water refill station in the entire hotel that I could find.

Homewood offers free breakfast everyday and an evening reception on M-Th. The breakfast was average to above average, eggs, fruit, yogurt, some sort of meat, waffles, cereal, etc. Nothing impressive, but at least it can be considered an actual and hearty breakfast that most other hotels in the price range (Sheraton, Hilton, etc.) don't offer to all guest. It was basically the same thing every day, however. The evening reception has soup, salad, fruit, and a hearty appetizer. One evening there were hot dogs and another evening there were nachos with pork. I appreciated that Homewood even offered this and while not an actual dinner, it filled me up enough that I didn't feel a need to go out. Coming from Homewood Denver Downtown just prior, I was a bit spoiled as that hotel served really, really good variety of food.

Aside from this, Homewood had a small business center with two computers that have internet and MS Office that used to print out my boarding passes. They also have an outdoor pool and basketball (half) court. Wi-fi was above average for a hotel.

Overall, I think this was a fairly good value in the perfect location and would stay there again if in the San Diego area. I searched extensively for hotels to stay while attending a business conference at the Mission Bay Hilton Resort (which I heard and eventually saw was very isolated and run-down) and am glad I stayed at Homewood Liberty Station.

Room Tip: Join Hilton HHonors for free wifi and to check in a day in advance and pick your room online
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank da_kaz
Rick B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2015

That's it...that's all you have to say?! lol! Wow, first and foremost, thanks for the biz! And a very big thank you for saying that you would return. You sound like you know what you want and like, and we are very happy to hear that we were a pleasant surprise for you.

Yes, our location is centrally located...PLUS we are in Liberty Station, a very cool urban village saturated with great food eateries and things to do. Running trails, parks, basketball courts....even the Trolley tour picks up in front of our hotel. Add the FREE PARKING, and you are in heaven here!

I just bought a bottle re-filler drinking fountain! That's so funny.

Thanks for the great review though, and we will see you again!

Reviewed 18 June 2015

I thought it was odd this hotel did not have an in-room safe. Recently renovated, however, just like a Homewood Suites, they kept part of the old furniture. Walking distance to Trader Joe's and Vons. Bedroom was very small, there was barely any space around the bed. As others have said, beautiful landscaping.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the pool if you want peace and quiet. Best view is from north side of the north building.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank m124124
Rick B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2015

Thanks for the nice review, and for staying with us.

Sorry about the in-room safes not being there for you...we do have complimentary safes available at the front desk, but I do agree that in=room safes would be good....I'll work on it!

Reviewed 16 June 2015

We lived in San Diego for 25 years and come back often to visit. We usually like to stay downtown or by the beach. This time we decided to try this up and coming area set in the old NTC San Diego. We were not disappointed. The rooms were great!! There were restaurants within walking distance along the bay. There is a pool and Basketball courts for the kids as well as plenty of grassy area to run around and toss a ball. And all major San Diego attractions are a short car ride away.We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Rick B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2015

A lovely name....Mary! That's my wife's name of 35 years. A high school thingy...

Anyway, THANKS for the nice review. Liberty Station is the, "happening place on the Point"! Most folks that stay here, return. It has everything you could want....PLUS FREE and PLENTIFUL PARKING! I love coming to work!

Thanks again Mary, and come back in 6 weeks please!

Reviewed 16 June 2015

My family recently stayed here and we could not have made a better choice. Excellent location. Plenty of restaurants to walk to for lunch and dinner. Nice park area to walk around and enjoy the weather. Staff were super friendly! Excellent free breakfast every morning. Very close to downtown and everything that it has to offer. Will definitely stay here next time we are in town!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank GSD671

Thanks so much Russell.

Did you eat the same breakfast as the last reviewer? Ha!

We are super excited that you enjoyed your stay and that you will return. That is music to our ears!

Please tell a few hundred of your closest friends!

Cheers!

Reviewed 16 June 2015

We are Hilton honors Diamond members. We stayed here for three nights using our Hilton Honors points. Without sounding too “entitled” I think we deserved something much better than we got.
The room was very small and was basically a studio type room. Not what we have previously experienced at Homewood Suites. This was definitely NOT a “suite” by any stretch of the imagination. We previously had two bedroom units that were spacious and comfortable. This was neither. The air conditioner was blocked off at 70 degrees and would go no lower so that the room would not cool down.
The breakfast was almost exactly what you’d get at a Hampton Inn or similar and at many other brands that charge a much lower rate. The breakfast area was kept tidy. Their coffee made me feel delighted that there was a Starbucks within easy walking distance.
Reading reviews it seems that others perhaps less loyal are given much better rooms. I might need to rethink my loyalty to Hilton Honors.
Rereading my review it seems that perhaps I am reviewing Hilton Honors rather than this Homewood Suites. But the room we had here is not something we’d return for no matter how it was paid for.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the feedback and for being a valued HHonors Diamond member.

I'm very sorry you were disappointed with your suite. We try our very best to upgrade ALL our Diamond members, anytime we possibly can. I don't know what you mean about taking better care of "less loyal" guests? We are a busy property and on any given night we have 20-40 Diamond members that want the same as you do. We also have folks staying here 6 months at a time that want a great room...we try our best to make everyone happy, but it's tough, especially when we only have a small percentage of larger or "view" suites to work with.

As far as the breakfast, I am very familiar with our competition and Hampton's breakfast offerings, and I will politely disagree with your comparisons....but I will have to agree with your coffee comment. I will look at upgrading it.

I will have our engineers look at the AC in your room, but we do not pre-set any of our AC units...I wish you called the front desk, we could have walked you thru the operation of the controls. You need to press down on the down button for 2 seconds until it flashes, then you can adjust it.

Anyway, I hate when folks aren't happy. I'm sorry we didn't do it for you this time. You must have liked our location and ZERO PARKING FEES though, right? ....next time you come (assumptive closing, lol)...we will get you into a better suite!

Thanks for your time!