“Amazing family dinner”

Ranked #866 of 4,869 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed 5 May 2017

My first time eating here with my family. I had the sweet and sour soup with lemon grass. It was Absolutely delicious! I'm hooked. My family ordered drunken noodles, coconut curry soup, pork and noodles, spring rolls, fried pot stickers, and pork dim sum. Large portions allowed leftovers for a full meal next day. Next day food tasted just as good as the first day! Amazing! I'm telling my club all about it so we can eat here next month!

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has two locations but I prefer the larger location in clairemont We took a non vegan friend there one night who had no idea he was eating mock meat. The servings are generous enough that I always get two meals from mine. I have tried a couple of the desserts and they are not nearly as good as the entrees. No matter what dish I have ordered I have always been quite pleased. I would recommend the eggplant

Reviewed 13 April 2017

We have visited Sipz over 30 times for both lunch and evening meals. They have a great menu and the evening sushi is always a favorite of ours. A good choice of mock meats and fresh ingredients and a wide variety of dishes ranging from small sides to needing a to go box to finish!
I often choose the sweet and sour chicken dish and my wife opts for the drunken noodles and we always enjoy it. For dessert we usually get a coconut and raspberry bar to go as we are too full to eat if for a few hours.
We have tried the North Park restaurant too but usually head to this one for ease of commute. The restaurant has good service and friendly staff. It doesn't have loud music or tvs showing sports channels like just about every other place in SD so you can hold a conversation with each other and enjoy the meal. Even when large family groups are in there it is still quiet and pleasant.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

There is a wide selection of sushi, all vegan and delicious. We loved the spring rolls with peanut sauce. There are also several kinds of noodle soups which have been excellent. We like it so much that we end up eating there once a week. On Mondays, they have the sushi specials along with the spring rolls, and you can get a discount every day on the specials for that particular day. It is a very popular restaurant and is usually crowded, but we have always been able to get a table.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Came in for a low pressure meal with husband and my parents. Nice large space makes it easy to talk and not too loud, and the service was quick and attentive. They bake all the deserts on premises so the entire space is filled with the most delicious smell of cakes baking.

Assuming you enjoy Asian flavors this is a very good choice for a group with lots of picky or restricted waters. Menu was very clear about ingredients and allergens and the staff handled every question with no problem. Everything was absolutely delicious. In particular the Mongolian "beef" and the coconut curries over rice were fabulous. But the drunken noodles were great too! The only criticism I have is that the coconut cake we shared was heated in the microwave, so it was a little chewy as only microwaved baked goods get. Same with the chai, it was either nuked or kept on a burner for too long and was just way too sweet ... probably a powder - skip and get brewed tea instead. Definitely will go back!