6,204 results
All reviews rock star convention center mary janes rock royalty pool party gaslamp district petco park bachelorette party king suite bars and restaurants rooftop pool the gas lamp district mini bar great room valet parking nobu rockstar
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Loved the hard rock!! the staff was wonderful helpful Attentive VIP status from the min you walk . The pool area float was superb fun!!!!!! Great vibe it was the best girls weekend ever thanks Hard Rock Family !!

Date of stay: March 2012
Amanda H, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

No, thank YOU. We love you!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

We had a great time here.... Wish we had more time to enjoy all it has to offer. The pool on the 4th floor is incredible, a great place to hang out!!!! Stay here u won't be disappointed the rooms are top notch and they ask for a music preference and have it on when u walk in!

One word of advice, parking around there is pricey and so is their valet so be prepared! ;)

Date of stay: March 2012

Which type of music did you choose? My favorite is classic rock. See you next time!

Reviewed 6 March 2012

I have been trying to get to San Diego for over a year now and decided that I would go for my birthday. I came down for one night and the check in process was so fast. I love how they walk around and greet you and work from Mac Book Desktops. I was given a complimentary upgrade which was so awesome and the staff there were so friendly. When I was given my key, the guy was right behind us with our bags. He was so amazing and cute too :). He asked why we came out here, told me happy birthday, gave us good ideas on places to go and to eat. After putting our bags in our room he went and got ice for us with out even asking. The room was great size. I had 10 of my friends who came out and the room was big enough to accomadate all of us. I love how you walked in and there was a den which included a lounge sofa and table and mini bar. In the front room was a cord that connected to the tv where would could play our music from our phone on the tv. I thought that was nice High Tech option. The bathroom and shower were on seperate sides of the room which i did like, however i did not like the shower because there was an extra step you had to take to get in it which didnt make since because it was all wet and some one could fall and hurt them self if they did not see it. The shower was nice on the other end because the water came from both the top and from an angle. Our room faced the side where baseball standium was and had an ipod ready hook up in there as well. the room had a curtain that seperated the room from the den which i thought was lovely because i could keep my personals left out with out any one going into the room and being worried about anything. Overall, this hotel rocked. I did not get a chance to get to the bars but i know they are twice as amazing. In the morning mary janes was really crowded so i would def. have to try that place when i come back to this side of town. the check out process was very fast and easy. San Diego was the best place to enjoy my birthday from the night life to the hotel everything was outstanding. I would come back to San Diego and stay here any time of the day, month or year. I love it. Thank you to the staff for the service.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

What a great birthday! Come back next year (or even better, next month). Cheers.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

I flew down for my Masters Graduation ceremony in July 2008. The hotel was bard new at the time so I paid top dollar for two rooms. I had various family members staying each night so I had counted on my rooms being cleaned. WRONG! I had to beg management to have my rooms serviced. He went and checked the rooms and indicated that one appeared clean. I told him I cleaned that room with the cleaning products left behind when I checked in. Did i mention I almost drank used mouth wash as well! Anyways, our room service was never picked up even when the rooms were finally serviced, so I dumped everything in the hallway where it stayed until we checked out. Upon checkout the manager comped my room service bill which was a nice touch. I realize it was a busy weekend but the trip was a disaster. I completed a survey and was eventually emailed a free night. I broke out in the worst case of hives from the detergent from their sheets that I never used it. I can't say I will ever stay her again. I did enjoy Nobu and the club entrance.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Amanda H, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Sarah G, thanks for your review, and thank you for trying us out when we were a brand new hotel in 2008. Almost 4 years later, we’ve changed and improved many things and are ready to have you back for an awesome experience. I hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Week long stay at Hard Rock San Diego for Convention. The hotel is very nice, the staff was exceptional. Had a King Studio, by far the smallest 270.00 room I have ever stayed in, including NYC. No coffee maker in the room, had to go to lobby for coffee. Who wants to see my ugly mug in the beautiful lobby before getting costume on ! Hint to HR put coffee makers in rooms. Went to lobby bar for cocktail, over 20.00 for a drink and a beer ! ! Never stepped foot in there again ! ! I will no doubt NOT choose the Hard Rock again when I attend the convention next year. Other hotels in the same area offer much better in room amenities for the price.

Room tip: Call the Marriot
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank sprinter41

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our prices are competitive with other hotels in Downtown San Diego. Feel free to sign up for special promotions and discounts on our website to find great deals on our suites! I hope you’ll reconsider visiting us again next time you’re in the area. Thanks again.