“Great pumpkin curry”

Coconut Thai Asian Bistro
Ranked #614 of 4,869 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 2 February 2015

First, they get bonus points for being open during the Super Bowl. Why are so many restaurants that are usually open on Sundays closed for the Super Bowl? I guess I'll just add that to my mysteries of the universe list.

We started off with an order of spring rolls, which were OK, but were filled primarily with iceberg lettuce. Fresh basil did help add some flavor though! For my entree, I had the pumpkin curry with chicken, and it was great! The curry was really flavorful with a perfect spice level. I loved the pumpkin in the curry! I had never seen pumpkin on a Thai menu before and so had to try it. It was much tastier than typical pumpkin; I forget what variety the menu indicated it was, but it reminded me a bit of an acorn squash. It really did work nicely with the curry!

Three of us ate for $40; so there were certainly no complaints about the prices! Service was fast and good; no complaints there either!

Reviewed 10 January 2015

We tried this as there were no other Thai places around. The servings are small for the price, the pad see ew was average, and a dish promising mixed vegetables in peanut sauce came with a few small pieces of broccoli and a few carrot slices in a watery peanut sauce with no visible peanuts. Tolerable if you've never had really good Thai food.

Reviewed 6 January 2015

We picked up food to go here after watching our Oregon Duck football team annihilate FSU in the hunt for the national title....but I digress. (It did make us hungry).

This is one of the better Thai restaurants we've been too - although we can't testify to the ambiance or service as our order was to go. But the food was excellent. Chicken Pad Thai - excellent - Panang curry - excellent, Pad Se Ew - great, stir fries - great. Portion sizes were good, prices average. Definitely a great place to have a Thai experience.

Reviewed 6 January 2015 via mobile

We drove to California from AZ on a whim! Ate here. VERY good food. Fresh, unique thai dishes. Most restaurants in the area are very expensive. This not at all. Try it.

Reviewed 16 October 2014

Excellent food, freshly prepared. Slow service but it is well worth the wait. My husband's pad Thai was the best I have ever tasted.