“So lovely - liks a spa with food.”

The Orient Thai Cafe
Ranked #1,318 of 4,869 Restaurants in San Diego
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Friday night and you just have to have good Pad Thai....it's crowded and getting late but you decide to see if you can get in at The Orient. It's in a corner next to a 7-11 and, believe it or not...there was parking! In Pacific Beach! On Friday Night! Yeah, miracles do happen. The interior, which you get to by passing through an absolutely lovely patio filled with potted plants and art pieces, is quiet, relatively small and beautiful. The waitress was prompt and had a great smile. The food arrived as promised. HAve I had better pad thai? Yeah, but this was very good and hit the spot. As did the location.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Very nice local restaurant in Pacific Beach. Samll strip mall location with parking outside of the restaurant. Nice Asian decore with very limited seating inside and some seating outside. The food was very good. The Drunken Noodles was a little too spicy for me.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

We sat outside the weather is just beautiful . They have small covered area. The food was very good . The portions are plenty. The menu has a lot to choose from. So go in and have some delicious Thai Food, we had lunch . I am glad we came across this little Cafe.

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

I love this spot. It's next door to a 7-Eleven which was a bit questionable to me at first but I gave it a shot anyway based on reviews & the delicious smells from the parking lot.

Ambience is great.
Green & Panang curries both on point.
Try the Winter Roll if you want something light & healthy.
Nice wontons with avocado and cream cheese.

I will definitely continue to frequent this restaurant. The staff is always super friendly.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

Was in desperate need of Thai food while in PB. Found this place in a strip mall. That being said, it was nicely decorated with both outdoor and indoor seating. There is some parking but not too much.

The ambiance is classic Thai decor. You have been in places like this for sure. Intimate and quiet. Good spot for a date. We were asked to sit where we like so we chose a nice table by the door.

Service was prompt. They were friendly. Good staff!

I had the pad Thai. The flavors were a little missing. I guess I am used to more of a peanut vibe. The noodles were appropriately done. The tufu chunks were maybe a little under cooked. All in all, it was average.

The yellow curry was an improvement. The sauce was flavorful and yummy. The veggies were fresh and plentiful. The rice was steamed to perfection.

The winter rolls were a great appetizer. The portion was huge. Easily enough for four people. Peanut sauce was on point!.

This is nice Thai option in PB.