“Fishing, with a side of fishing...”

Coletta Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted Top Charter Boat 2014 by Reel Reports! Join us for the fishing trip of a lifetime! Coletta Sport fishing Charters is a fishing charter service located in one of the hottest Sport fishing locales in the United States: San Diego, California. At Coletta Sport fishing Charters, we offer fishing trips for up to six (6) customers lasting from five and a half (5 1/2) hours up to twelve (12) hours as we pursue species that make San Diego a "must-fish" destination, including assorted Rock Fish, Lingcod, Sheep head, Halibut, Sand Bass White Sea Bass, Calico, Yellowtail, Barracuda, Yellow fin Tuna, Bluefin Tuna, Big eye Tuna, Marlin and Dorado/Mahi Mahi. We also offer whale-watching trips. Captain Chris can customize a memorable trip for anglers of every age and ability. We cater to children just learning the ropes all the way to the seasoned pro pursuing an I.G.F.A. World Record. Our determination to catch fish is only surpassed by our commitment to our clients' safety and comfort. We also arrange multi-party and corporate tournament trips so please don't forget to ask us for more information. You've come to the right place. We provide our renowned "Signature Service" for an exciting, enjoyable day on the water. Please check out our website, especially the photos of some of our clients' trophy catches. This will be you very soon!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Never been deep sea fishing before. Did a lot of research on San Diego fishing charters. Coletta Sportfishing came out on top. I like communication and Captain Chris responded almost immediately to every text and email right up until we stepped on the boat. Capt Hale and Matt were awesome. They were constantly moving to address our every need. They didn't have to but they explained everything they did and made us feel comfortable. All of us caught fish. Coletta Sportfishing will see us again real soon. Thanks again and God Bless, Darren

Christopher C, Owner at Coletta Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks Darren for taking the time in writing such a positive review. Communication and customer service is critical for all of us here wether you are interacting with me here in the office or fishing with my guys. The pleasure was all ours and good luck on your trip in August with us!

All reviews
"first class operation"
"clean boat"
"great trip"

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We chartered a 1/2 day trip Saturday the 30th, and it was amazing. Captain Chris made easy arrangements and John and Hale ran the boat. We worked pretty hard for rockfish, but my son made everyone's day by hauling in a 30 pound yellowtail! The kids had a blast on the way in by throwing the remaining live bait to the swarms of pelicans and gulls! Couldn't have been better.

Captain C, Owner at Coletta Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

The pleasure was all ours! The fishing was on the slow side and I am glad you folks caught some quality rockfish. Your son really did catch a toad of a yellowtail. He did a great job on landing that fish. Thanks again for everything and choosing Coletta Sport Fishing fishing for your fishing adventure!

Reviewed 20 December 2017

We had an excellent day fishing with Captain Chris and his crew. From the start the experience was very professionally handled. Captain Chris is very quick to answer emails and texts and i can assure this is not the norm. His crew was positive and enthusiastic. The gear was in good condition and there was no shortage of bait. Our catch was well cared for and the mate did an excellent job of filleting the fish, careful to not waste any of the precious resource. This is also not the norm. We will be fishing with these fine folks again, not if but when.
Tight lines

1  Thank drystack2017
Captain C, Owner at Coletta Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Thanks for taking the time in sharing your experience fishing with us. It is very important to all of us here that we offer you the angler the very best level of service on all aspects of the sport fishing business. from your initial contact with me to going out and fishing with my team. Thanks for noticing and mentioning some of these points in your review. Look forward in talking soon! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Went out yesterday on a 1/2 day local charter. I’ve been on three other deep sea fishing charters in the recent years (Kenya, Costa Rica, Mexico) and I limited out every time, and so I was hoping to further my fishing experience. We spent most of the time driving around chasing the fish on the top and fighting off the birds, so I actually didn’t get to do any fishing. We only got two bites, and my boyfriend caught one small bonito.

I understand this happens sometimes, but I still am super disappointed!!! It looks like the afternoon charter learned from our morning boat tour, so at least that is one good thing from yesterday.

And I got to see a pretty sunrise :)

1  Thank lilcinbtown
Captain C, Owner at Coletta Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Claire,

Thank you for your comments.

We too are equally disappointed that the bite was on the slow side for your half-day charter. However we do appreciate your understanding of the workings of Mother Nature and that you were still able to enjoy a beautiful sunset.

All the best,
Captain Chris Coletta

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I can not express enough how great of a time i had with coletta fishing. The pricing to the open communication (very important), the captain, deck hand and the amazing amount of fish we caught in december. Give coletta fishing a chance if your on the fence. Ive called several in san diego and after speaking to them it was a no brainer. Thanks coletta fishing!!

Captain C, Owner at Coletta Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

James, Thank you for posting such a positive review. Its folks like you and your friend that make what we offer and do a pleasure. From your initial discussion with me and the time you spent on the boat fishing with my guys we all try our best to get you the customer on the best trip for that time of year and whats biting at the time. We fish every day. If we do not know who does. Your trip was over the top. I would have never forecasted it. 22 yellowtail in the month of December. You guys crushed it. Thanks again for everything and choosing Coletta Sport Fishing for your fishing adventure.