“All in all great beer, good food, spotty service, but still a fun place to go.”

Ballast Point Brewery Miramar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ballast Point Brewery Miramar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 5,242 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Description: Ballast Point's Kitchen at Miramar makes chef-driven brew food that follows the same simple philosophy we bring to our beers: we make what we like to drink…and eat. With an eclectic menu of salads, small plates, flatbreads, and entrees featuring local, sustainable and seasonal ingredients, we have something for every taste. Perfect to pair with our wide range of award-winning beers. Cheers!
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Rainy Day in San Diego, what to do?... of course, go to our favorite beer company for a brewing tour. our bad though, we looked at an Ad and saw the times of the tours, trying to make the 12 tour, got there and they are remodeling the brewing area: Closed. We should of gone online to see notice apparently.

Anyway still enjoyed ourselves, had some beers and appetizers. If sitting in the bar area, you order and pay at the bar and are given a number for delivery of food. I ordered a Pineapple Sculpin of course they were out, so I opted for the Grapefruit Sculpin and my friend had the Sculpin IPA. We also ordered the Salsa and Guacamole and the BP Wings. Service through kitchen need to be improved bit. Wasn't busy and as we saw food for other tables go by us when they sat down way after us. We had to bring it to the attention of the bar service twice. Finally getting our food, the BP Wing were delicious (they use an Habenero Sculpin Glaze), the Guacamole was good.

All in all great beer, good food, spotty service, but still a fun place to go.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

As we all know, the beer is outstanding, but I don't need to go to this location to get it, so why out of 3 times there would I return if the service us always bad. Why have such an enormous place if you simply can't give good service due to the size. When you order anything, as most places, it goes to a system and let's someone know at other end what was ordered. The food always comes quick enough, but if you need ketchup, mustards, another beer, it takes for ever, because the place is larger than Disney World! The buns on the burger were burnt, not only should it not have been served that say, but my guest ate it that way knowing it would take for ever to get the issue fixed. We had drinks that made it 10 min after we got our check. Same experience every time. I will not be back to this location, I'll stick to the Downtown SD location where I always get great service!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Had enjoyed the Ballast Point beers around town, so we hit up the brewery on the way back to the hotel. Awesome spot. Our waiter was amazing, brining all kinds of various beers to try, and looking after our demand kids so well. We were lucky to sit right next to the outside deck but inside - great spot to sit as you get the best of outside inside. The food was solid - not mind blowing, but also better than average - we both had salads plus half our kids meals as they kids portions were massive. Would highly recommend this place for anyone who enjoys a good brew and likes some good food with it. Only con is parking is tough, and it's out of the way. Last - I felt the value at this restaurant was better than most in the city.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

I love Ballast Point's IPA, Sculpin. Excited to come here and was not disappointed. The food is very good - don't let my 4 dots fool you. I just don't expect - and did not get - fine and ambitious cuisine here! The sculpin braised pastrami sandwich was delicious - but I find the Kaiser roll boring bread. The fries - regular, garlic, and truffled - are all as good as any I have had anywhere. The BBQ bacon burger with blue cheese and fried onions was also delicious. My daughter enjoyed her fish tacos.
But we come here for the beer - the options are bewildering - there were 53 brews on the menu the night we went. the are categorized usefully: crisp and bright; tart & sour; rich and malty; hops, hops, and more hops; roots to boots (whaaa?); and fruit and spice. And the staff can help. But some are just variations on a basic brew, such as sculpin IPA with various flavors worked in. The new one now is "Aloha Sculpin", with "notes of guava and pineapple". the Manta Ray IPA was my favorite, but I love hops.
It is a noisy place. We asked for a quieter table when we made the reservation and the booth backing up to the glassed in kitchen was very good for that. The booths hold 6 fine, and we added a 7th with a chair at the end. The other place that might be less noisy is the outside terrace, which has plenty of heaters for cooler nights.
By the way, if you are pregnant, don't hope to find a mocktail (as my daughter did). The only non-alcoholic drink is water. Yep.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by the nice restaurant area. They had a nice lounge area as well as outdoor seating. The staff was friendly, food was good, plenty of different beers to choose from, and they were accommodating to our child. Would go back here again.

Been to Ballast Point Brewery Miramar? Share your experiences!