Kimpton Hotel Palomar San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$133
Kimpton
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$234/night.

US$197
US$184
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$286/night.

US$131
US$119
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$189
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$160
US$169
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Bayfront(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$173
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$203/night.

US$131
US$119
Hotel Iris(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$84
All reviewsjack in the boxfront deskwalking distancemaritime museumtrolley stationstar of indiabasic hotelclose to the airporttrain noisecomic concentral locationbed was comfortableseaport villageuss midwaybalboa parkwi figaslamp quarter
Reviewed 3 October 2010

The place is so close to San Diego's main airport it only took about 10 minutes to get there. The late-night desk clerk was courteous and efficient. The place is small, like a motel, and if there's an elevator, I didn't see it. If you have heavy bags you might want to ask for a downstairs room. When I arrived at my room (212), I pressed down on the door handle. It didn't open. Frustrated, I returned to the front desk. The clerk re-checked my key and followed me upstairs to make sure it worked. The problem was the door handle; you had to lift it up instead of push down. Duh.

The room was freshly painted, and the carpet and bedspread looked new too. The bathroom had a granite countertop, much to my surpise, and tons of sample products from face scrub to toothpaste. The train tracks and blue line trolley station are behind the hotel. With the window shut and A/C on, I could barely hear the train at night. I hopped the trolley the next morning.

Dislikes: Nothing big. I had asked for a refrigerator in my online request and didn't get one. I forgot to ask when I checked in and was too tired to pursue it after I settled in.
The next morning, the efficient desk clerk called at 10:45 to remind me to check out by 11:00.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on our hotel and staff. We’re so happy to hear that your experience was a pleasant one. We strive to provide clean and near rooms for each guest. As you seen, we have renovated and remodeled a lot of our rooms, we’re glad you got to experience that.

We’re also glad to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our location. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to beautiful San Diego!

Reviewed 3 October 2010

My girl friend and I ordered of a cheap flier some pizza and received the worst food ever SERIOUSLY im not one too waste food but this time i literally dumped 32.00 in the garbage. they refused to give me a refund and "abelina pizza" didnt have a listed address.
the room was a good deal and it was really nice and clean. some advise though get a second floor room because at times we could hear the couple above us have sex!
the train can get a little noisy but it only last about 45seconds

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It is unfortunate that you ordered from an unpleasant place, we do not know the person who sometimes puts those fliers under our doors. We do look forward to having you stay with us again, and this time order off yellow pages! :)

Reviewed 14 September 2010

Just came back from a trip to San Diego.
I stayed at the 500 West from September 6th to 8th.

1) Very Good Location
Right on Pacific Highway, close to the airport and public transportation.
Just a fiew blocks away from Little Italy.
However, since I am a light sleeper, I had problems sleeping between the traffic, the trains and the planes.

2) Very good rooms
The rooms are very clean, spacious and air conditioned.
Bonus: rates include breakfast.

3) Great staff
Very helpful, patient and professional staff.

I would recommend this hotel for someone:
- who is not a light sleeper
- wanting a fairly-priced, well located hotel

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are delighted to know you had a pleasant stay with us. As you mentioned, we offer great location, very convenient and close to pretty much everything. Our staff makes sure to always provide each guest with clean and sanitized rooms, as well as exceptional customer service.

Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 11 September 2010

This hotel was very good value for money.
Excellent location for restaurants and shopping. Staff very helpful, and willing to go the extra mile. Maintenance staff were very polite and even fixed things we didn't realize needed fixing.
Maids were very polite and did a great service. Free bottles of water put in the room daily, rooms even had a large fridge we cir,d use.
Breakfast was complimentary and very nice.
Reception staff were great, the guy in particular. Sorry i forgot his name.
Free wifi throughout the hotel which was fast and trouble free.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are so pleased to hear about your experience with us. We take pride in knowing that our staff has provided exceptional customer service and our maids have maintained clean and neat rooms for each guest. We’re also glad to know that you enjoyed our breakfast and amenities; we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to San Diego!

Reviewed 27 July 2010

We stayed in the "kids suite" with five adults. The room was large enough for us, had a nice-sized fridge and microwave. The beds were pretty comfortable. The bathroom was average size and motel quality. When we first checked in, there was a plumbing issue with the toilet, but in 2 minutes the serviceman was there and had everything fixed just fine. We heard the trains in the daytime with the windows open, but when we shut the windows at night, there was no noise problems at all.

The woman checking us in was very friendly and extremely helpful. The make your own waffles for breakfast were good, plus there was box cereals, muffins and some fruit. The area was good and was walkable for us to get to the gaslamp & convention center. Also, if you choose to take a taxi, it is about $6 for a van. It was also not a far drive to get to Old Town.

The downsides to the room was that the furniture was pretty beat up. It looked like something clawed the dressers. Plus the carpetting was a little worn. Also the towels they provide were tiny, thin and a bit rough. They were clean though.

Overall, the stay wasn't bad. The price was pretty high for the experience we had, but given that all the downtown hotels were sold out the weekend we went, it was expected.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank lovepea

Thank you so much for taking time off your busy schedule to post a review on our hotel and staff. We are happy to hear you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us. Our staff strives to provide exceptional customer service and very clean and sanitized room for our guests.

We’re also glad to know that you enjoyed our breakfast and convenient location. We look forward to having you again!