“Top Notch Hotel For Business or Pleasure”

Hampton Inn San Diego - Kearny Mesa
Ranked #17 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business trip. Upon arrival I was greeted by a very friendly staff who had my room awaiting me. After a quick check in I was off to my room where I was greeted by a clean, comfortable and well lit king size room with sofabed and open workspace. The room had a large flat screen television and a large desk with a USB charger.

The bathroom was very inviting with nice lighting, roomy tub & shower combination. The vanity had plenty of room to disperse my shaving kit.

The workout room was very nice and plenty of top notch equipment including treadmills. The heated pool was a nice touch and even with the hotel being sold out the pool was not overly crowded.

There are plenty of nice restuarants close by as well. As someone who travels weekly I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Like I said, I could have easily given this hotel a 4 star review, but I think they have a major housekeeping problem. When we first entered our room, I checked out the bathroom (like always) and found pubic hairs around the toilet bowl! YUK! A few minutes later, hair was also found on the pillows. DOUBLE YUK! I went down to the lobby and the front desk person was very apologetic. Moved us to another room very quickly and called housekeeping to address the problems. Had it not been for this incident, it would have been a nearly perfect stay.

Now onto the good. Check in was really quick and smooth. The hotel itself looks newly renovated. The bathroom was large and modern. Parking was free which was a huge bonus. Their complimentary breakfast was good as well. A few hot items as well as a make your own waffle station. It wasn't grand, but it was a good spread compared to other hotels out there.

This hotel was in a good location and I wouldn't hesitate to refer it to friends. Its only a 10-15 minute drive to downtown, the zoo and Coronado Island. Hopefully they get their housekeeping issues ironed out.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank QBee10
Reviewed 10 July 2012

It is hard to find a hotel in the San Diego area that rivals the clean and comfortable "feel" of this establishment. It has a mix of families and business travelers. The hotel is in a quiet and safe area of town. A few minutes to downtown, Balboa Park (zoo & museums), beaches, shopping... the location has it all. The hotel staff and management are "top notch." We stayed for 4 nights and were treated like family. I almost hesitate to give a glowing review (as I would like to keep this "gem" a secret).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ReverendDrLuv
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My family and I have stayed at this hotel many times, and every time we have left happy and well rested. the hotel is located near a freeway entrance, and not far from San Diego's main attractions. Rooms are good size and clean. Beds are comfortable. Bathroom is nice size. Gym is well equipped, pool is nice also. Free breakfast is always a plus when you travel with family, fresh fruit (not canned), cooked oatmeal, you can make your own waffles, cereals, egg, bacon, muffins, bread... mmmm! Very good service at front desk and also from the breakfast crew. There are 2 complimentary PC's and Wi-Fi. Being reasonably priced, so, what else can you ask for?

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2012

It's clean, comfortable, quiet, and the complimentary breakfast is better than most "free" breakfasts. Even though it's right off the freeway the room and public areas are quiet. I used the small but well equipped gym. There's even free Wi-Fi for you and your smartphone, tablet, or laptop. I was impressed that the extra pillow I usually have to request is just part of the room accommodations. The extra pillow was in the cabinet under the t.v. The t.v. is 42" and that's a plus too. I think you get your money's worth, since San Diego in July is definitely the high season. It's in an commercial part of town so mostly fast food restaurants nearby. We stayed there since we were driving all over San Diego county for a garden RR regional meet and the Hampton Inn was near all the freeways that we would be using.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple