Doubletree Hotel San Diego Downtown
US$179
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

Residence Inn San Diego La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$169
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$183
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$188
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$260/night.

The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$125
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

US$149
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Bayfront(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$170
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$232/night.

The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$169
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$279/night.

US$179
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$208/night.

US$205
US$189
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$211/night.

1,510 results
All reviewswarm cookiesfarmers marketlittle italywalking distanceairport shuttleparking structurebreakfast buffetbalboa parkthe room was nicegas lampconvention centergaslamp quarterfreewaywaterfrontbayubertrolley
Reviewed 8 January 2013

When you first drive in, you are thinking, how is my car suppose to fit in this garage? It's so narrow that I'm shocked not more cars scratches daily. Then as you are checking in, the receptionist weren't too friendly. Yes, they tried to help me, but it felt forced. When I walked into my room, I was very impressed. Then I started looking around. Our towels were NOT CLEANED! There were stains, smelled, and just dirty! Lucky I took my own! And our tub leaked! Oh my did it leak! And when they sent someone to tell me my room was noisy, do u really have to e like, "it's your FIRST AND LAST warning?" The ONLY good thing I liked was the view! I won't be staying here again, not be recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
joanieclapper, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree Hotel San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Dear Babemonkey_2005

We’re sorry we didn't provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. Our goal is to always provide guests with the most comfortable stay and we regret you didn't experience this due to cleanliness and service. We have addressed the issue of your towels with our housekeeping team and will be taking active measures to ensure all linens reach the highest standards of cleanliness. We apologize for the leak in your bathtub and we’re working with our maintenance team to fix this issue. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

This is a 5 star room in a 3 star hotel. Starting with the good: The bed was so comfortable I did not want to get up. Room is well laid out and was appropriately clean. Good staff. Smaller issues outside the room make this hotel a question mark. The restaurant opens at 6:30AM but on my visit they were short staffed and opened 6:45AM. Not a problem for vacationers but for business travelers that could mean no breakfast. The food was below average quality for a hotel of this stature. A friend picking me up wanted to park in the hotel parking lot. The minimum charge, even for guests, is $11 even if only staying an hour ($22 overnight). My cell phone (T-Mobile) had a very weak signal in the guest room. An evening call got out OK but a morning call could not. Not sure if that was a temporary T-Mobile problem or if the hotel has some rooms in weak reception areas.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

We joined our dau here on business trip. Our room was immaculate great beds and a fabulous view of San Diego. No matter what floor you are on elevator up to higher levels and check out the glory of San Diego harbor. They offer a full buffet breakfast and made soft boiled eggs for me. Breakfast is over $12. Pp

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank ppsgal
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I cannot recall the last time I stayed at a hotel that was this noisy. My first room was on the highway side. Upon entering it, I could not believe the noise level, so I switched to the other side of the building. That was no better as I was awake all night with the sounds of trains, airplanes, sirens and the rest of the street traffic. In spite of being on the 20th floor.
Besides its obvious lack of soundproofing, the room was quite average and not at all up to par with the very stylish lobby.
My favorite part of this hotel was walking through the surrounding streets and enjoying the views and independent shops and cafes.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2012

This Doubletree, located at the top of Front Street, is a satisfactory place to stay, walkably close to Little Italy. The decor is tired, but our bed was comfortable. The staff is helpful and of course the cookies are scrumptious. There are a couple of meeting rooms, a small lounge with TV and a small restaurant serving a passable breakfast. Warning for those who drive: the parking garage ramps are frighteningly narrow, even for our compact car. Its necessary to take your time to navigate turning onto the ramps. The parking spaces are ample in size. Fine place to stay if you fly in; several airline's crews stay here as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple