“Good Asian Noodle Restaurant”
Review of Chopstix

Chopstix
Ranked #1,245 of 4,960 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 21 June 2016

I was in San Diego for a visit and decided to visit the Kearny Mesa area. The Kearny Mesa area is an area that has alot of Asian restaurants, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese and Chinese. I decided to try Chopstix a Japanese noodle house. The menu has various noodle dishes, rice bowls and curry. I tried the pork ramen and it was excellent, great noodles, slices of roast pork, some veggies and great soup. I also had a side order of kim chee which was very good. Overall a very good restaurant.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

Chopstix is one of the things I really miss about San Diego. I just had yet another horrible, expensive, fake "Japanese" meal in Maryland and it made me think about how much I miss Chopstix. When my SO and I visit San Diego, it is the first place we go eat. Don't get the sushi here. This is not a sushi place. My favorite meal at Chopstix is the half and half mabo and kare plate. But really, everything but the sushi is really good.

Chopstix--thank you for the many, many good meals that I had in your restaurant over the last 20 years. And please, could you send some ninjas out here to get justice on these bastards serving fake Japanese food? For mercy's sake--this nasty restaurant out here served me dried out, cheap Chinese rice with my Japanese entree last night. For the love of all that is good, this cannot be allowed to continue.

Reviewed 22 January 2016

We had the soba with wonton and chopped chicken donburi (to go) and both were excellent and a fair price. We would definitely go back when we are in the San Diego area.

Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

I used to live in San Diego 18 years ago and was in town on business. I went searching for my favorite restaurants and found that many of them had closed down. One that remained is Chopstix and it is every bit as good as I remember. I get the Oyakodon over rice and it is fantastic. Small hole in the wall restaurant. Nothing fancy here. Just great Japanese food!!! You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 29 July 2015

We originally were trying to get into that other japanese place that had a conveyor belt but the wait was 1.5 hours, so I yelped and went here. I am SOO glad we did. Very good Japanese food and I liked the vibe of the place. We waited for only 5 minutes. they are known for their Gyoza and YES its really good. The daily special is that if you order a Large Beer the gyoza is only .99 cents! great deal. We ordered Chicken Oyaku Don buri very good, chicken katsu, tenzaru soba, and sushi. Everything was very good and the shrimp tempura was really good as well. I would love to go back to this place. The name was misleading I thought it was Chinese, but this is definitely japanese. Good food!