“Wonderful lobster shack”

Ranked #13 of 49 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Price range: US$11 - US$18
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Order at the window. Send the kids to scout a table on the sand. This is the place for a plate of fried clams with a slow summer sunset on the side. Steamers with broth and drawn butter, a lobster roll, a fried fish sandwich, onion rings--they're Cape Cod classics for a reason. There may be nothing better. But here's satisfaction for those who might crave something else: grilled tuna with summer vegetables and ponzu, a scallop burrito, fish tacos, Caribbean fish stew. And ICE CREAM, of course: sundaes and frappes, soft-serve and scooped - served every night until 9:30 pm. Our honest-to-goodness clam shack. Right on Wellfleet harbor, next to our original fish market.
Reviewed 11 October 2015

Fresh fish and harbor view - what more could you want? It's a well done version of the classic lobster shack.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

Just had oysters and beer outside. Great atmosphere and perfect oysters albeit expensive. Think that They have a couple of other locations.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

There are a number of restaurants with the same name. They are all a bit different, but the same owner. This one has an outdoor raw bar with dining as well as indoor dining. We had a late lunch here with friends on a very rainy day. It was pretty quiet, and we received great service. When I asked some questions about the different craft beers, I was offered a sample to taste before deciding. I shared delicious, fresh Wellfleet oysters with my husband, a cup of clam chowder and the fish and chips. All were fantastic.The chowder is different from the typical thick chowder. This was a thinner, delicate soup with a delicious undertone of sherry. The fish was so fresh tasting, I am sure it was caught that day. Others in the party were equally happy with their choices of lobster rolls and crab cakes..

Reviewed 3 October 2015

While this is labeled here as a market, there is also a counter service clam shack around the corner.Seating is only outside. They have the typical clam shack fare wtih some creative daily specials. I had the fried scallops platter and my husband had the fried clam platter. I have to say I have had much tastier, more bountiful and cheaper meals at similar places. Unless you must be at Wellfleet Harbor, I would suggest going elsewhere.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

This is literally a shack right near the Wellfleet Harbor Marina. You order your food, then pick it up and eat outside at picnic tables. The food is the traditional cape fair with some daily specials. I had the fired scallop platter but it was not as good or as bountiful as other nearby places. Plus it was more expensive. Unless going here because of convenience, I would go elsewhere

1  Thank bookgirl130