“Doors open at 9PM but when does the band start?”

The Beachcomber of Wellfleet
Ranked #1 of 2 Nightlife in Wellfleet
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We reserved our last night on the Cape for the Beachcomber. We were looking forward to hearing the band on Thursday after listening to them on-line. We sat but the band did not play at 9PM. The band didn't even play at 10PM. We left at 10:15 and the band still wasn't playing. I asked the girl at the gift shop and she was a bit snotty and said the band doesn't start until 10:30 PM. If the band isn't going to start until 10:30 then you should put that with your entertainment. I had the drink special that sold over 3 million and it tasted like gasoline. I know this place has received good reviews and I can't judge it on the food but make sure you know music doesn't start until 10:30 PM.

All reviews
"casual lunch"
"live music at night"
"summer fun"

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Went here for lunch on our way home. Great views of the ocean and the eclipse. The raw bar was excellent. Had the oyster, shrimp and steamers. Other family meme era were able to split the buffalo finger appetizer with fries as a meal. Was not fine dining but we weren't looking for that and not to be expected. 4 adults and 1 child are for $100 drinks included. Wish it was closer to home to enjoy the views. Will be back soon

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

It's the whole experience of the beach and a restaurant/bar overlooking the beautiful Ocean atop a big cliff. The food is very good, but expect a wait (worth it though) for a table.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Family of five visit to the adjacent Wellfleet beach (steep ramp access to sandy beach with lots of seals). The restaurant has a large free parking area that can get very busy. Good location for a casual lunch with ample fried seafood and salad options. Heavy focus on beach drinks, and the crowd can get a bit rowdy from late afternoon onward. The restaurant is wheelchair accessible -- the beach is not.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We started riding the CCRT in Orleans and chose the Beachcomber as our destination. After an 11 mile bike ride (a decent amount of which was uphill), the Beachcomber was a great spot to see! The setting is beautiful, and after lunch our girls swam in the ocean a bit before heading back.

That being said though, if the Beachcomber was on the side of the highway, I wouldn't have given it four stars, and I feel like the allure for me was simply in the setting. We arrived at opening, so we were fortunate to not have to wait (when we left, I was in shock at how many were waiting to be seated). I would say service was fine, but being a former waitress I understand the stress of being quadruple sat at opening, so we'll waive that off. The drinks were fine, the goombay smash wasn't groundbreaking, but it was good. The margarita was fine. The food was ok, but again, nothing amazing.

All that being said though, it was a great end to our ride, the beach was beautiful, and I am really glad that we went! I would certainly return...I do feel it's a must see, I would just keep expectations reasonable!