“Oysterfest ”

The Fleetian
Ranked #32 of 49 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

Mixed review...love the spot and atmosphere...however, the male bartenders were absolutely HORRIBLE!!! The nastiest attitudes around...yelling at costumers and stealing their money! I bought 3 beers which was $15 (reasonable) I handed the bartender $40 by accident he gave me $5 back and took the $20 and put it in his tip jar. When we brought it to his attention he threw down my money and snatched the $5 out of my hands...and I mean snatched! It took every once in my body not to say anything and enjoy the rest of my night! He was more concerned with being a "fake" DJ! The real DJ did a good job and didn't need this guy!!! After that, we went to the girl bartender selling at a table and she was sweet as can be! Like I said...love this location but they need to get new bartenders!!!

Reviewed 4 September 2015

If you have some time to linger and it's a beautiful summer night-- this is the place. Best fish & chips I have had in a very long while. Amazing fried oysters. Really good fish tacos (but they are small- get 3). But the really best thing is the music, the amazing and creative delicious drinks, the vibe. We went with our two boys, ages 9 and 7, and they were hola hooping (yes, they had hoola hoops) and we were dancing late into the night. This is not the place to go if you're in a rush or you're kind of uptight. It's a chill spot. Really fun and good people.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

gorgeous location, right around corner from wellfleet center on the way to the wharf. It's got all the ambiance-twinkle lights, clam shell patio and all outdoor seating, cool drinks, hip music but super relaxed vibe...but the food is just so so. they have a very small limited menu. i would go for drinks and to soak up the atmosphere but get your meal somewhere else.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

The food didn't taste fresh to me. The staff was chatting among themselves too much and not paying attention. I eaten here twice and that was enough to put me off.

Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

This is no longer the Fleetian of 2014.
A small area of the former square footage is now called Bol and serves a breakfast bowl of super foods, along with coffee/tea. Another section is a gift shop with crafty handmade items.
The outdoor area is primarily where everyone congregates, around the tiny bar, listening to live music a few nights a week. It's casual and chaotic, appealing to the locals, 21-40ish.