Elizabethan Inn(Manteo)
US$120
Scarborough Inn(Manteo)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$125
The White Doe Inn(Manteo)(Great Value!)
US$259
Hotels.com
All reviewsback porchoutdoor fireplacecakescookieskingfisher roomfront porchthe outer bankstriple chocolate cakeboth morningsmy husband and igreat cookwharf areaarts craftspersonal chefstocked mini fridgestayed one nightbreakfasts were excellent
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We enjoyed our first stay here. The Innkeeper, Christy, was great! We enjoyed talking with her. Breakfasts were great and the room was spacious. We stayed in the Featherstone room. This was a great get-away for me and my husband. Enjoyed walking around downtown which is a short hike from the inn. There is street parking.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We spent 3 nights in Manteo while the winds of Hurricane Maria were assaulting the Outer Banks. Fortunately, the most weather we experienced was heavy rain overnight, and high (but not tropical storm force) winds. We had to cancel plans to drive to Hatteras because the highway was closed, and a planned sunset sail was canceled because of high wind. Nevertheless, the staff at Cameron House was very accommodating, and the breakfasts were excellent. If we return to OBX, we will choose Cameron House.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

There are not enough words to describe the outstanding service and personal attention given at the Cameron House Inn . I was heartbroken I was only staying one night as this Inn could be the perfect point to explore all the Outer Banks!! Comfortable and relaxing and so lovely .. can not wait to go back . Try the Chocolate Cake .. oh my !

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2017

My husband and I had a fantastic stay at the Cameron House Inn. My only regret is that we only stayed 1 night! We were welcomed so graciously by our hostess and she gave us a tour of the property. Beautiful old house that has a great layout. We were there for the triathlon event on Saturday morning, so we checked in on Friday afternoon and then left first thing Saturday morning. We weren't able to indulge in the breakfast since we left so early, but the woman (and I'm completely forgetting her name, I'm sorry) went out and bought healthy breakfast treats (cereal, oatmeal, bars, etc) so that we would have something to grab before our race in the morning. She also stocked up on a ton of waters for the guest since several of us were racing on Saturday. Extremely thoughtful!
After eating dinner out, we came back to see a beautiful, roaring fire going on the outside back patio. It was so romantic and a nice way for my husband and I to relax before we went to bed. She made a delicious triple chocolate cake for a nighttime snack.
The bed was comfortable and room was really spacious. I was surprised that I couldn't hear the couple next door even though the rooms were close together.

Overall a wonderful stay and I hope to make it back for a longer stay next time. Thank you for your hospitality!

Janine

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017

The Cameron House Inn is a restored, arts & crafts bungalow with six rooms. Built in 1910, it has been nicely redone, with beautiful hardwood floors and good décor choices.

We were greeted upon arrival by Chris, one of the innkeepers. She was very cheerful and welcoming, giving us a tour of the place and some very helpful dinner advice for Manteo, a place where we had never stayed overnight before. We liked her enthusiasm and interest in her guests.

Our room was comfortable and clean, and we slept well. Chris prepared some excellent pancakes on our first morning there. We noted how exceptionally quiet this inn was. We also found it to be in easy walking distance of the shopping district and the Manteo waterfront, although both of the restaurants Chris recommended did require a drive. Our fellow guests seemed to be decent, intelligent people, and we enjoyed their company at breakfast.

Our only complaint about the Cameron House Inn was a slightly musty smell and a feeling of dampness when it rained heavily. My fiancée noticed the scent more than I did, but I trust her olfactory sense. Perhaps this is unavoidable in a bungalow of this vintage in a coastal setting. Also, our breakfast on the second morning, prepared by a different person, did not live up to the standard set by Chris on the first morning. All in all, we enjoyed our visit and would recommend the Cameron House Inn to adults interested in spending a night or two in Manteo. We had a nice visit.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple