“A Comfortable Friendly At Home Feel”
Review of Cameron House Inn

Cameron House Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Manteo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We stayed in the Featherstone and loved the size of the room (with fireplace) and bathroom. It felt well maintained and clean. We put the beach chairs and towels to use. That was a great perk for us. Coming back in the evening to cake and a refrigerator with drinks and snacks was also wonderful. I do think that the breakfast pictures on your website are misleading. It may lead guests to expect something different than what they receive. The breakfast burritos were ample and delicious but that was all we had. Your pictures show sliced fruit arranged artistically. We would come back again.

Room Tip: no elevator to second floor rooms
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tricia G

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We enjoyed our first stay here. The Innkeeper, Christy, was great! We enjoyed talking with her. Breakfasts were great and the room was spacious. We stayed in the Featherstone room. This was a great get-away for me and my husband. Enjoyed walking around downtown which is a short hike from the inn. There is street parking.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We spent 3 nights in Manteo while the winds of Hurricane Maria were assaulting the Outer Banks. Fortunately, the most weather we experienced was heavy rain overnight, and high (but not tropical storm force) winds. We had to cancel plans to drive to Hatteras because the highway was closed, and a planned sunset sail was canceled because of high wind. Nevertheless, the staff at Cameron House was very accommodating, and the breakfasts were excellent. If we return to OBX, we will choose Cameron House.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

There are not enough words to describe the outstanding service and personal attention given at the Cameron House Inn . I was heartbroken I was only staying one night as this Inn could be the perfect point to explore all the Outer Banks!! Comfortable and relaxing and so lovely .. can not wait to go back . Try the Chocolate Cake .. oh my !

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2017

My husband and I had a fantastic stay at the Cameron House Inn. My only regret is that we only stayed 1 night! We were welcomed so graciously by our hostess and she gave us a tour of the property. Beautiful old house that has a great layout. We were there for the triathlon event on Saturday morning, so we checked in on Friday afternoon and then left first thing Saturday morning. We weren't able to indulge in the breakfast since we left so early, but the woman (and I'm completely forgetting her name, I'm sorry) went out and bought healthy breakfast treats (cereal, oatmeal, bars, etc) so that we would have something to grab before our race in the morning. She also stocked up on a ton of waters for the guest since several of us were racing on Saturday. Extremely thoughtful!
After eating dinner out, we came back to see a beautiful, roaring fire going on the outside back patio. It was so romantic and a nice way for my husband and I to relax before we went to bed. She made a delicious triple chocolate cake for a nighttime snack.
The bed was comfortable and room was really spacious. I was surprised that I couldn't hear the couple next door even though the rooms were close together.

Overall a wonderful stay and I hope to make it back for a longer stay next time. Thank you for your hospitality!

Janine

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteo
6.4 km away
First Colony Inn
#1 of 5 in Nags Head
36.1 km away
Sanderling Resort

Been to Cameron House Inn? Share your experiences!