Elizabethan Inn(Manteo)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$150
The White Doe Inn(Manteo)(Great Value!)
US$259
Hotels.com
Scarborough Inn(Manteo)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$135
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsback porchoutdoor fireplacecakescookieskingfisher roomfront porchthe outer bankstriple chocolate cakeboth morningsmy husband and igreat cookwharf areaarts craftspersonal chefstocked mini fridgestayed one nightbreakfasts were excellent
Reviewed 29 October 2017

When you enter Cameron House you smell the lemony aroma of polished wood. The decor of this Arts and Crafts inn is spare by design and very different from the over the top decor found in many B & Bs I have stayed in. What stands out is the hostess, Chris, and her talents in the kitchen and willingness to go above and beyond for her guests. In a previous life she taught English to non English speakers and when she found out that I do the same, she took the time to put together a portfolio of helpful ideas for me to use. The inn is conveniently located to "downtown" Manteo. I only wish my husband and I could have extended our stay to take advantage of the cooler weather, the fireplace on the back porch, the comfy rockers and Jack, the lap cat!

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 21 October 2017

This older but attractive B&B was a good choice on our first visit to the Outer Banks. We have stayed in many B&B's and our main priority is cleanliness and comfort; this B&B met both needs perfectly.

Breakfast is homemade, plentiful and delicious but not a buffet as often found at B&B's. If you eat a certain item, you should ask what is planned for breakfast. Cookies and snacks always available. We appreciate that special arrangements were made for us to have coffee available early.

Creef room is on first floor; small but cozy. Bathroom is a nice size and shower worked fine. Could use another electric plug. Wifi worked well.

The atmosphere of the B&B is quiet, calm and relaxing. Parking is on street. You are close to town for shopping and restaurants. Sidewalks and walking areas are rough so be careful if you walk.

Cost seems high but I think is comparable for the area. I would suggest that a hand rail be installed for the front steps. I would recommend this B&B if you are in Manteo.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We stayed in the Featherstone and loved the size of the room (with fireplace) and bathroom. It felt well maintained and clean. We put the beach chairs and towels to use. That was a great perk for us. Coming back in the evening to cake and a refrigerator with drinks and snacks was also wonderful. I do think that the breakfast pictures on your website are misleading. It may lead guests to expect something different than what they receive. The breakfast burritos were ample and delicious but that was all we had. Your pictures show sliced fruit arranged artistically. We would come back again.

Room Tip: no elevator to second floor rooms
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tricia G
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We enjoyed our first stay here. The Innkeeper, Christy, was great! We enjoyed talking with her. Breakfasts were great and the room was spacious. We stayed in the Featherstone room. This was a great get-away for me and my husband. Enjoyed walking around downtown which is a short hike from the inn. There is street parking.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We spent 3 nights in Manteo while the winds of Hurricane Maria were assaulting the Outer Banks. Fortunately, the most weather we experienced was heavy rain overnight, and high (but not tropical storm force) winds. We had to cancel plans to drive to Hatteras because the highway was closed, and a planned sunset sail was canceled because of high wind. Nevertheless, the staff at Cameron House was very accommodating, and the breakfasts were excellent. If we return to OBX, we will choose Cameron House.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple