All reviewslifeboat housecomplimentary bottle of winesoaking tubroanoke islandno frillsshower headshops and restaurantsnags headguest housefirst flooraccommodationsshoweringclosetmicrowave
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

In the heart on Mantel you will find a cozy little guest house with a tropical flair. Although the accommodations are simple and basic, they are very clean and well kept by a friendly staff.They even have an efficiency unit. I great place to stay on Roanoke Island!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shel H
Reviewed 14 June 2017

My husband and I just returned from a weekend in Manteo, NC. We visited the area for a family wedding. When I found out about the destination and had never heard of Manteo, I starting researching for hotels in the area. There were not many to choose. But Island Guest House popped up and showed cottage rentals. When checking over the cottages I came upon the Little Lifeboat House. It meant something to us because my husband is a Coast Guard Veteran. Looking at the pictures it appeared to be a quaint little place. I made the reservations and hoped for the best. We checked in at the main building and were given directions to our cottage. Pulling up in front it was a cute little place. Upon entering the house it was absolutely adorable. Very cute and updated. There was a bath with a shower on the first floor and a bath on the second floor with a soaking tub. The bedroom was on the 2nd floor. Every room was immaculate. The were so many personal touches and mementoes about the Pea Island Life Station. Many interesting pictures and a few newspaper articles. There was a complimentary bottle of wine titled "The Little Lifeboat House. The place was perfect for our weekend getaway and destination wedding. The area had a few shops and restaurants but many more were located in Nags Head and beyond. I would definitely recommend the Little Lifeboat House for a getaway in Manteo, NC.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed 9 May 2017

We stayed here about 6 years ago, and then again last weekend. We love this place and plan to visit again soon. This is a very nice place to stay while visiting the area. The prices are quite reasonable. No frills and accessibility may be a concern for some. But very clean and close to everything including lighthouses, restaurants, beaches, fishing, aquarium, museums, Wright Brothers Memorial, Jockey's Ridge and many tourist activities. Some rooms have kitchenettes, most have frig and microwave. Microwave and coffee in main house. The rooms are very comfortable and decorated in coastal themes. The staff is pleasant and willing to accommodate, if necessary.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 22 September 2016

Great location - close to the historic downtown area of Manteo without paying the "historic area" prices. Close to restaurants and shopping and easy drive out to the bridge over to the outer banks. Very basic accomodations but clean (our bathroom window had a taped over bullet hole in it???) We were only able to stay one night due to having to check out early due to a death in the family - was told I would get an emailed credit for one night but never received it. Their policy is no refunds after 7 days prior to check in so I guess that applies to any type of emergency - keep that in mind when booking.

Room Tip: All the motel rooms would be about the same - all are off the main street and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Endless summer cottage in the beginning of September during tropical storm Hermine. Despite the weather, our stay was amazing. The cottage is clean, very well taken care of, and perfect for two couples. There is a couch downstairs that can be used as a third bed. We were allowed to check in early, and had no issues at all the entire time. Some of downtown Manteo flooded, but we were happy to stay at the cottage during that time. It is a two minute drive to downtown and about 10 minutes to the beach. We will definitely be returning and this is where we will stay every time.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple