“Fantastic guide!”

Redrock Adventure Guides - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Torrey
More attraction details
Owner description: Redrock Adventure Guides specializes in hikes, backpacking, canyoneering, photo tours and base camps in and around Capitol Reef National Park. Our focus is leading individuals and small groups into real wilderness - beautiful, lonely, and pristine - while accommodating any trip to your specific desires, whether it be casual strolls, athletic adventures, natural history education, or instructional clinics. We love sharing real wilderness, not 'leading clients'.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Steve was a fantastic guide, I highly recommend him and this adventure. We took our 12 and 15 year olds and they are still talking about the trip! We did canyoneering in Capitol Reef.

All reviews
"cassidy arch"
in 25 reviews
"capitol reef national park"
in 12 reviews
"southern utah"
"contact steve"
"fear of heights"

Reviewed 9 March 2018

My husband and I have traveled extensively and often hire guide services for things like whitewater rafting and hiking in unfamiliar areas where the terrain is extreme. When we got to canyon country, we decided to hire Steve to take us through some of the canyons that require technical skills and ropes. We could not have been more impressed. Not only was he prompt, he was by far the most knowledgable guide I've ever had the pleasure of spending the day with. His stories from his years in the wilderness were great, and he was happy to provide many recommendations for our future travels.

The primary reason I was impressed though: safety. If you're going to put your life in someone's hands at the other end of a rope, you want to be sure they are trustworthy. Steve inspired that trust right off the bat, and we were able to enjoy our day worry free and just take in the stunning surroundings of the slot canyon. Incredible experience, highly recommend!!!

1  Thank Holly H
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Steve picked us up on time at 9 am and spent the whole day with us, until 5:30 pm. He made it clear that the day's schedule would be set by my wants and needs, not his. I told him I wanted to do a combination jeep tour and hiking. That is what we did. He was able to determine what my wife and I could handle, in terms of hiking, and off we went.

My wife and I spent 15 days in southern Utah, hiking every day. The high point of our trip was the day we spent with Steve. I would recommend this trip to anyone who enjoys spending time in the outdoors.

2  Thank davidcalifornia
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Wow! This was an experience my entire family will remember forever. We are a family of 5 (the boys were 18, 15, and 10). Steve was great! He was patient and gave us great instructions through all 8 rappels. For anyone interested in adventure and isn't afraid of heights, this is for you!

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Steve picked us up at our hotel first thing in the morning to head out to an area of the park we would not have discovered on our own. Steve was very knowledgeable about the area and was also very prepared for any unseen circumstances that might occur: first aid kit, satellite phone and other safety equipment. We completed a "slick rock walk about" through beautiful back country... up and over red rock formations, down in sandy washes with plenty of opportunity to rest, rehydrate and enjoy the views, even eating lunch with our backs against a rock face overlooking the wide expanse of the southern Utah landscape. The whole day was magical.

1  Thank mjn2015715