“Best eats in Carlsbad”

Ranked #4 of 84 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: YellowBrix is a bistro style lunch and dinner venue. Our lunch and dinner menus are both available during all hours of operation,11am-9pm Sun.-Thurs. And 11am-10pm on Fri.&Sat. The menu consists of salads, sandwiches, pastas, and many steak and seafood options from the grill including a 24 oz. Cowboy ribeye. Our signature sauce selections are great compliments to our steaks! Upon request, our chef will "whip up" alternatives for the vegetarian and vegan guest.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

On our recent stay in Carlsbad, we ate here three times. It is easily the best restaurant in town. The atmosphere is friendly and cute and the food is good. I especially liked the fresh vegetables that were superbly cooked and the mashed potatoes. The steak, which members of our party had several times, was good, but hit and miss on the cooking (we asked for medium well and got medium rare, or vice versa).

The biggest problem with this restaurant is that they seem not to always be able to judge how many servers they need. We arrived on a Sunday night without a reservation and were told that it would be a 15 minute wait. This turned into a 30 minute wait, and they had to call in another waiter. The other nights, when we had reservations, this was not a problem.

This lack of preparedness also showed in other small touches--my white wine glass on each visit was still warm from the dishwasher, and our creme brûlée was still really cold from the fridge.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Pleasantly surprised to find this place. Really good fries, my husband loved the meatloaf, excellent wine selection.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was highly recommended by friends and did not disappoint! Charming building, nice patio seating option, too. I had the Brix Famous Meatloaf, which comes with two sides (several options). The cup of chicken tortilla soup was more like a bowl and absolutely delicious. Side salad fresh and good sized. By the time I got to the meatloaf, I could already tell I had too much food! The seasoning in the meatloaf was very good but honestly I prefer my own recipe. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his steak tacos, and they were beautifully presented. Service was fine; wait staff was kept busy running in and out taking care of guests. I had made a reservation, but think we could have gotten in at 7 PM without it. Decent selection of beers and wines to complement your meal.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Came here during a week long stay in Carlesbad to visit the 2 nearby National Parks (Carlesbad Caverns and Guadalupe Mountains - both great). Had a good meal (Chicken) at a decent although somewhat high price. Also surprised that a margarita and a glass of wine were both $10 - maybe they want to discourage drinking alcohol? Whatever - it was a good meal in any event.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

We Wanted to eat at a decent place in town the last night of vacation. It’s a nice place with table cloths. The host greeter was pathetic and dumb as they come. But the waitress was attentive, somewhat. The food was “meh”, take it or leave it. Nothing really stood out, except the prices of the steaks on the menu. It was ok, but somewhat forgettable.