“Quick Visit”

Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square
Ranked #235 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Candlewood Suites was ideal for us as we were near Times Square, very buzzy area, also very close to all amenities i.e shopping and restaurants. Having a kitchenette was ideal if we wanted to eat or heat up!!
Definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2017

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I stayed at this hotel for 13 nites, and would stay again. First, the GOOD: The bed was firm and comfortable. The AC (which guests can control) worked like a dream. The internet was fast, reliable and complimentary. The staff were uniformly helpful (especially Darlene, on duty many of days I was there). The kitchenette appliances all functioned well. Even though the hotel seemed full when I was there, the room was so quiet that I heard virtually nothing. Wake-up calls came on time each morning (is there a nicer hotel operator than Brandy?) And staff were quick to respond to minor problems; when the kitchen faucet starting spraying water out horizontally, someone came up quickly to fix it; when the remote control battery died, someone replaced that quickly, too. The BAD (which are obviously not so bad or I wouldn't stay there again): The kitchenette is just not sufficiently equipped; my utensil set consisted of one fork and two teaspoons. (When I asked for more, additional utensils were brought up quickly.) The TV line-up is a pretty weak, limited selection. The hot water, which always came out immediately in the shower, sometimes took forever in the kitchen and bathroom sinks and, in the bathroom sink, once just never came. Housekeeping service seems rushed and inconsistent. The housekeeper took away my dirty towels but did not leave replacements, cleaned the bathroom sink but not the toilet, replaced the shampoo (a nice touch but unnecessary), but didn't replace the toilet paper, which *was* necessary. (But, again, when I phoned the front desk, someone came up with additional supplies right away.) The hotel's biggest negative is something it has no control over -- its location. It's a stone's throw from the Port Authority, if that tells you anything. People are sleeping on the street out in front all hours of day + nite.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank NowVoyager42
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

The studio was great,front desk always willing to help. No hidden fees. The studio was amazing . Two blocks from Time Square. Very safe at night. Love it!!! I will definitely come back! Most of the attractions were walking distance from the apt. Train station less than 5 min away. A fully equipped kitchen with everything working. Lots of eating options. High speed wifi. Airport shuttle picked us up in the lobby. Trash was picked up the minute we called front desk.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank julesmoore
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Just came back from my stay at the hotel and I have to say it's very good. I would highly recommend it.
Maybe they should have another elevator for the staff people and clean the rooms more than just once a week. Other than that, the location is great, the rooms are SUPER comfortable and the staff at the front desk were always helpful and friendly.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Andy E
Reviewed 10 August 2017

If your looking for central location, gr8 value, full loaded kitchen, free internet that "works" ,big room & clean and friendly .. this would be it!

Have stayed here a few times and keep coming back.
Personally for a 3 night stay I do not need to put my stuff away for a daily cleaning.
No need here! The cleaning staff only comes if you require it .. which I do not.
Give me some clean towels daily and I can keep my stuff out .. I'm on vacation after all! Located at 39th between 8th & 9th .. gr8 location for the shows and 1/2 block to subway.

Even the ice machine in the fridge works!

Price is right .. you cannot go wrong. Enjoy!!

Room Tip: Any room is good.