The Peninsula New York
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$154
US$118
  • Fitness centre
Sofitel New York(New York City)
US$414
US$349
Hotels.com
US$226
US$196
  • Bar/Lounge
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$153
  • Room Service
US$290
US$269
  • Restaurant
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$100
US$98
  • Bar/Lounge
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$199
  • Restaurant
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$134
Park Central
  • Fitness centre
1,188 results
All reviewsrooftop barsalon de ninggrand luxe roomfifth avenueoscar de la rentacentral parknew yorkfour seasonsindoor poolroom serviceluxury hotelseparate showerst regissuperior roomconcierge deskturn down servicean upgrade
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Perfect location in the heart of NYC, yet an oasis unto itself. Once you enter the hotel, you are transported to a serene and opulent environment. Service is impeccable. The rooftop bar also offers one of the best views in the city.

Room Tip: The least expensive rooms are very small and do not offer views. We received a double upgrade due to AMEX Platinum status and enjoyed a nice sized room, with a partial view of the street below. LOVELY. We are also right next to the elevator bank, but never heard a sound.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LovetoTravel12453
ThePeninsulaNY, General Manager at The Peninsula New York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear LovetoTravel12453,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Peninsula New York. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our location in Midtown and our great rooftop bar Salon de Ning. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I have just arrived within the last hour at The Hotel Peninsula with my wife and son to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. For me the initial greeting at a hotel tells you a lot of what to expect during your stay.The Peninsula didn't let me down.The welcome was extremely friendly from the minute we arrived. I had let the hotel know in advance we were celebrating a special occasion and we had been upgraded from Junior to Executive suite which is beautiful . Absolutely delighted with that and we certainly never expected a knock on the door and a fantastic tray deliveredwith chocolate covered strawberries, full bottle of classic Champagne and cookies,cupcakes & lemomade as well as a full tray of fresh fruit ..again with strawberries. Absolutely fantastic.The warm welcome from the girls on Reception was totally sincere and they knew all about the special occasion.Gereldene from Sweden delivered exactly what you should expect as a greeting at such a class hotel. My wife is absolutely delighted we choose this hotel and so am I. We actually changed it from Trump International at last minute and I am so glad we did.A lot of hotels I have stayed at could learn from the Peninsula on staff greetings. Thet didn't need upgrade nor supply the Champange etc as we were already happy with the hotel when we arrived so this has already made the trip and we look forward to our stay here...already a 10/10 from the McDonald family from Scotland.As well as that the facilites are top drawer and immaculate.When we come back again...no question it will be Peninsula.
Billy McDonald
Scotland

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank BMcD1888

Dear Mr. McDonald,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience. I am delighted that you chose to celebrate your 25th wedding anniversary with us and that our staff’s actions left such a positive and exemplary impression on you and your wife. I hope your travels bring you back to New York again soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

We had the opportunity to stay here for the first time through Amex Centurion Program. They were able to accomodate us last minute for New Year's with a suite on an intermediate height floor. The location is fantastic on 5th Ave, right in the heart of shopping and close to the Park and Theatre area, although a decent walk or short cab ride to Times Square. Car valet was immediate and pleasant and bags went right to room. Check in was also easy. Lobby is elegant and not stuffy in feeling. It is also relatively small. Great Christmas decorations. Our suite had a king BR plus living area with pull out couch and we also added a cot. It held 3 kids. We were extremely comfortable and ordered from room service 3 times. Not a huge selection but enough to get by and very good. Downside, but to be expected would be the price as breakfast could easily exceed $100-$150. Room size was good for NYC but not big. Room rate was reasonable value for . Outstanding roof top bar with great views of 5th Ave, perfect at night. Great selection of signature drinks but service was a tad slow. All other staff was extremely curteous and always attentive. Our car was delayed 40 minutes for departure and were immediately comped parking. The hotel was a wonderful place to retreat from the hustle of the city and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would absolutely return.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Matthew s

Dear Matthew S,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your New Year’s with us. The holiday season is such a great time to visit New York and I’m glad we were able to exceed your expectations and provide a memorable experience for your family. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Had drinks at The Peninsula on Saturday night and walked out and will never go back.
i understand I'm in Manhatten and I don't look for bargains, but the pricing they have is stupid and gouges the public.
I waited to write this until I was sure of the price and after double checking here's why I would say to anyone, STAY AWAY and go somewhere else.
A glass of Lagaria Pinot Grigio for $17.00. Are you serious??? A BOTTLE costs $4.99 at Total Wine at various locations so I doubt the hotel pays any more than that. You want to charge $8 or $9 for a glass of wine and the bottle costs you $4.99 and it's NYC, I kind of get that, but $17 is a total rip off.
We also had drinks earlier in the day at King Cole Bar and the prices were a lot more reasonable than at the Peninsula. I drink Oban scotch and I can tell you, you're better off at The St Regis or The Bull and Bear for cocktails than this place.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Charles3Philly
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed in a Grand Luxe Room. The experience showed high attention to detail. I would recommend staying here if you're looking to do something special and treat yourself.

1) Master console controls the climate, lighting, audio, and privacy.

2) Plenty of storage with good space planning.

3) Gratis bottled water that is generously replenished.

4) Great bathroom products, including bath salts for the tub.

5) Extremely well maintained; no scuffs on the walls, stains on the rug, or specs of dust.

6) Surprises in the room: The hotel had a bottle of Veuve Clicquot, a slice of amazing chocolate cake, and a bowl of fruit waiting for us since I was celebrating my birthday.

7) Flexibility to accommodate checkout at 1pm so I could relax after my spa treatment (I highly recommend EPSA at The Peninsula).

8) Free wifi. Such a no brainer, but often missing at luxury hotels.

9) When we called about an iron, it was there within 5 minutes!

If you're on the fence about whether you should stay here and spend the money, I'd say go for it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank johnruda
Gillian Z, General Manager at The Peninsula New York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear Mr Ruda,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to The Peninsula New York and that you chose to celebrate your birthday with us. I am pleased to learn that you particularly appreciated our complimentary Wi-Fi. We realize the importance of staying connected while traveling and therefore this is an amenity offered at all Peninsula Hotels on a complimentary basis.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcome you back to The Peninsula New York soon.

Kind Regards,