“Worth a visit”

Ranked #2,998 of 14,583 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We initially headed here on Sat eve but the wait time was 45 mins and we were starving so headed elsewhere and came back in Sunday eve. We were seated straight away and food and drink came fairly quickly. We ordered fried dumplings and fried chicken, both very tasty. The bill arrived quickly after that (without asking for it, or asking if we wanted anything else) which was a shame as we were up for staying for another cocktail, sadly when we asked for the menu to order another drink the waiter dropped off the menu but never came back to take our order.
Good food, nice vibe, shame about the service.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

This was a recommended restaurant by some locals and we had a great time. The old school music ambiance was warm and welcoming. The food was good. The night we were there the place was packed, so service was slow, but well worth the wait and no one complained.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

This place is a mecca for old vinyl fans and old tapes like myself. I have seen all of my favorite jazz vinyl exhibited here. The place is really amazing. The beer is good. The food is awesome. Imagine a Korean-influenced pub and you get half of the picture. It can be crowded at night, therefore with a long waiting line. If you can't sit down, just grab a drink by the bar and enjoy the atmosphere. They play mostly jazz music. Oh yeah!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

The food here is absolutely superb. A great selection of Korean food that tastes out of this world. The staff are attentive and happy to suggest or recommend a dish from their menu. When we visited they only had a license to serve food and drink until 10pm so suggest getting their early to ensure you have time to savour and enjoy your experience. The decor in the restaurant is just as amazing as the food with a selection of music orientated artefacts adorning the walls. A great little spot on 5th Avenue, well worth a visit.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

First, the name, adorable. I'd love to be here when someone was spinning some of the great records featured in the wall to wall library of vinyl decor. Cute concept. Alas, no live music that night I was there, but hip tunes nonetheless. Had a couple house special martinis while waiting from attentive and friendly barstaff. Lychee anything is always high on my list, but do order a beer for the table to enjoy the lighted concept dispensers. Seated at a rear little dungeon of a room that was cozy with benches and long communal tables. This is a fun eclectic menu with a little korean, a little mexican, a little country. It works. Do get the mexican elotes-style corn, the kimchee korean scallion pancake with its quesadilla crisp-edged appeal and lovely creamy flavorful middle, the half & half style wings with their amazing flavors and utterly crisp and crunchy well done skin, and pickled daikon on the side no matter what! You'll want to order enough to take home some midnight snacks. Plan ahead. Good fried fat-coated edamame with lots of savory spices, geesh, wasn't expecting to love that smoky yummy coating as much as I did. What a terrific experience that ended my last night in nyc. Enjoyed shots of icy cold smoooooth soju with our warm and friendly manager before leaving. So glad I tasted it. I will be seeking you out on my next trip!