Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$187
US$135
  • Fitness centre
US$226
US$196
US$297
US$267
  • Room Service
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$199
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$134
  • Room Service
Sofitel New York(New York City)
US$414
US$349
  • Restaurant
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$144
US$290
US$269
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$150
  • Fitness centre
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$195
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewspenn stationhudson yardsbreakfast vouchersloved the modern decorspacious showerreading lightstimes squarepleasure of stayingnew yorkmadison square gardendrink vouchershighly recommend this propertymidtown manhattanblackout shadesjavits centerironing boardwithin walking distance
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This hotel was top notch. The staff was so friendly, the food was great, the rooms were very comfortable and spacious. The hotel was very reasonably priced for a Time Square. If you are looking for a great hotel highly recommend this one.

1  Thank sydneykatzmansmom
Dieter S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

sydneykatzmansmom,

Thank you for your excellent rating and for being our valued guest. I am thrilled to read that your experience was at an all encompassing excellent one during your time with us from Maryland. We greatly appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is a very nice hotel. From the entrance way all the way up its a pretty hotel.
Front desk service, valet and door service personnel were top notch professional.
Rooms were exquisitely decorated and quiet, very clean, and loaded with comfort features. Great view, heat & A/C worked perfectly. Bathrooms very clean and loaded with towels, toiletries, etc. The restaurant with bar next door TGA is great for breakfast and dinner and drinks in the evening. Sometimes with live entertainment. The Back Yard Beer Garden is fantastic and morphing into something really special. The opening skylight roof will make this that place to go come summertime.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Dieter S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Evan K,

We aim to provide a genuinely personable guest experience unlike any other in hospitality today which I am thrilled to read we were successful in doing during your time with us! As you mention our restaurant, TGA, provides delicious options for all meals and two great bars. We hope to see you again many times in the future and thank you for your review!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My son and I went for a hockey game at MSG. Location is literally around the corner from the Garden. Staff is first rate. Rooms very nice and clean, restaurant next door is actually pretty nice. Definitely will stay here again regardless of reason.

laa1,

Thank you for choosing HY36 during your visit to your hockey game at MSG, located just steps away from our hotel! We are pleased to offer an energizing guest experience via our team of passionate hoteliers which I loved to read you appreciated. Please do be our valued guest no matter the occasion anytime and thank you for your excellent rating!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

From start to finish, this hotel was absolutely brilliant. Staff - especially Brittni - were so friendly and sweet. Check in was easy and the Midtown location is perfect, especially as I was a solo traveller and hadn’t been to NY before. Very near Times Square and easy walking distance of everything NY has to offer. It is also two mins walk from a subway on a major line which is helpful. I am such a light sleeper too and stayed a week and it was sooo quiet on my floor (floor 17) you would never know you were in the middle of one of the biggest cities on earth! You couldn’t hear anything at all. I actually extended my stay several times and the staff went out of their way to help me stay in the same room. The breakfast in the restaurant was - surprisingly - one of the best I had while in New York. The only thing I can criticise this hotel for - and it is ridiculous - is no milk in the room for tea (not even sachets) and the lack of a bath tub as it would have been nice to have relaxed in the tub at the end of the day with my very painful feet!
But room service was excellent and I loved how the room was quite spacious for the extremely competitive price. It felt like a luxury hotel at a lower to mid price point. Really really excellent, thanks again HY36 team for such a wonderful stay! I will definitely be back! Emily x

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Emily H

Emily H,

I am elated to read that your experience was an all encompassing excellent one during your time with us here at HY36! I have shared your kind words with Brittni and our entire team of passionate hoteliers. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave such detailed feedback and eagerly await your return visit!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I usually stay at the Even Hotel on West 35th street when visiting the city. On this trip I wanted to try the newest hotel in the IHG family which is one block away on West 36th street. The moment you step through the revolving door, you are welcomed with greetings and smiles from the amazing employees. It was also nice to see some familiar faces of some staff members
that moved over from the Even Hotel to the Crowne Plaza. I loved the modern decor of the lobby, restaurant, and rooms. My son Finnian loved the cascading chandeliers that looked like they were falling from the sky. Simply beautiful! The close proximity to the Theatres and Times Square can't be beat. It's close enough to walk everywhere, but you can also jump on the subway one block away if need be. Thanks to Dieter, Annie, Britni, and all the other new employees we met for their excellent service and hospitality. Till next time! THANK YOU!

Beth F,

Thank you for being a continued value guest of our Area's hotels and for giving HY36 a try! I am pleased to read you enjoyed our new flagship property and that our commitment to personable excellence resonated across the way to our new property. We love having you and the family every time your travels bring you to NYC and we thank you for your kind feedback!